What's new

Best soap for the money.

Yikes, there are so many... The longest lasting puck of soap I've ever had is Provence Sante...honestly, I've had it for years and I swear it's the same size! :blink: Go figure.

My vote goes to Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco. I paid $5 which has $16 base price for 50gr . For we talk normal market prices Arko and Palmolive sticks are best.:thumbup1:

proxy.php

My vote is the European Palmolive Shave Sticks. I brought several back from Switzerland, grated a couple into a bowl, and have been enjoying the hell out of it. Excellent performer and dirt cheap. :thumbup1:

I did a little price comparison of soaps, and while not perfect, gives a nice breakdown. Definitely Arko is one of the best values in soap. It is by far the cheapest and a great performer. But I think that P.160, Cella, and Klar Kabinett are better performers, but still very cheap.

Super comparison. It should be a sticky.

Hard for me to fault Arko or VDH for price/performance... but scent? I don't hate either but not my first choice. For a few pennies more P.160 is the one, but sadly out of production. So, IMO, the best bang for the buck price /performance /scent is Klar Kabinett.

I think most anything you get within reason is a great buy because it lasts a long time. You really need to pamper your face to get a comfortable shave.

Give me Speick! I have much love for arko (both its performance and scent), and the price can't be beat. Even though a stick of speick costs almost three times as much as a stick of arko, I think it has a slight performance edge over arko, and the scent just kills me, I love it. I see arko as the workhorse of cheap shaving sticks, and speick as the fancy-pants king of cheap shaving sticks. To be fair, I have yet to get my hands on any sticks of valobra, la toja, or euro palmolive. Until then, Long live the King!

What the...?!:001_huh: $3.95 for that 40-50 year old piece of rendered fat! Boah, you know you could've bought four of the New, Improved ones for that price. You need to get rid of that old timey stuff and come into the 21st century! If that one had been so good, someone would'a used it by now.
I've got three of 'em myself. One menthol. Don't tell anyone.

Kevin

VDH soap, Proraso cream, Col. Conk Bay Rum soap, and TOBS Sandalwood cream are the only 4 products I have tried in the 8 weeks of DE razor shaving since started. Out of these, I like Col. Conk Bay Rum soap the best. Nice and slick.

What the...?!:001_huh: $3.95 for that 40-50 year old piece of rendered fat! Boah, you know you could've bought four of the New, Improved ones for that price. You need to get rid of that old timey stuff and come into the 21st century! If that one had been so good, someone would'a used it by now.
I've got three of 'em myself. One menthol. Don't tell anyone.

Kevin

:lol:Your secret is safe with me Kevin. Mum's the word. I have managed to acquire five pucks of the vintage stuff, but recently gave one to a friend. The quest for more will resume in 2011...

Top Bottom