What's new

best soap for flat cap?

Is there such a thing? Or perhaps best style of lather for a flat cap prone to creating suction with the face? I like the kind of lather that paints on thin like a thick acrylic paint, but perhaps something a little more airy or bubbly may be better for a flat cap?

Williams Mug Shaving Soap.

proxy.php

If your flat capped razor is sticking/suctioning to your face, you need to add more water to your lather. Soap should be slick, not sticky. It’s pretty hard to find a soap that you can’t use any type of razor to shave with these days.

If your flat capped razor is sticking/suctioning to your face, you need to add more water to your lather. Soap should be slick, not sticky. It’s pretty hard to find a soap that you can’t use any type of razor to shave with these days.

Good point. I've learned that pasty lather needs more water. But some soaps have a sour cream type texture that seem well hydrated but are so thick that a flat cap can stick on it. I will try add more water. I read the thread here yesterday on 'low structure' soaps and found it very interesting.

Have you ever tried a brushless cream? These tend to be super slick and I get a great shave from them with all kinds of razors, just have to get used to not seeing any lather. Shouldn't be any problem with your razor cap sticking to a thin coat of a brushless cream like Cremo or its like.

No, never. Thanks for the tip! I'll try it.
Have you ever tried a brushless cream? These tend to be super slick and I get a great shave from them with all kinds of razors, just have to get used to not seeing any lather. Shouldn't be any problem with your razor cap sticking to a thin coat of a brushless cream like Cremo or its like.

I’m really cheap. I buy soap pucks at the grocery stores. I add a squeeze of hair conditioner before I lather up, adding water as I go. I also made up my own pre-shave shaving oil. I add a few drops to hand after prepping face. Rub together and rub on face. Works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom