Mikes Ylang Ylang bergamot Orange
Mikes Barbershop
Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli is my favorite

Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Beta 4.3
D. R. Harris Windsor
Truefitt & Hill 1805
Catie's Bubbles Gardenia
TOBS No. 50

As a line, all the Saponificio Varesino soaps smell great.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

shavefan

I’m not a fan
As hard as it is to narrow down, if I had to pick a few of my best smelling soaps, I would go with Nuavia Blu...

PannaCrema Nuavia Blue is in my opinion the very best soap made scent wise. It's a tier 1 soap as well in terms of performance.

-I'll add another vote for Nuavia Blu, outstanding scent and very good performance.
-MdC Fougere is very very nice as well
-B&M Seville is another that I enjoy and an excellent performer.
-WK DM is tier 1 performance and my favorite scent from them is Man from Mayfair
-C&S Oxford and Cambridge
-Speick stick

Stirling - Coconut and lime
Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood and Shea
Col Conk - Bay Rum

The best performing out of these is the TOBS Sandalwood and Shea IMO but I use the cream whereas the Stirling is a tallow based hard soap and the Col Conk is a glycerin based hard soap and as always YMMV. I hope these help.

Soap? PDP No. 63 is easily the most fantastic scent out there.
The puck takes a little time to break in because it is extremely dense, but once it does, it’ll carry you at least a year, with generous, daily use.

+1. Probably my favorite scent and I love the post shave feel of PdP.

Best scent for me is First Canadian "Barbershop Taper Fade". It's a tallow-based soap, and performs well enough, but the scent is one of those that makes me frequently open it up just for a sniff.

I like TOBS "Eton College" and "Mr Taylors" too. I have not tried TOBS Sandalwood yet.

PannaCrema Nuavia Blue is in my opinion the very best soap made scent wise. It's a tier 1 soap as well in terms of performance.

Grooming Dept Incense & Rose is another that I'm really fond of in scent. Performance wise Grooming Dept is the best performing soap I've found to date and I've tried just about everything out there.

Agreed about PannaCrema Nuavia Blue. It is unbelievable.

Wholly kaw king of oud. Love scent and soap performance.

Stirling lots of good options too such as Sharp Dressed Man.

Saponificio Varesino Felce

B&M Reserve Cool and Spice.
Stirling Barbershop and more recently Shannon’s Pineapple Banana. And performance on all is top notch.

Most of the posts recommend a wide variety of soaps without ever asking the OP two basic questions. 1. What type of scents do you like? and 2. Is your face sensitive to various chemicals and scents, or is your face sensitive to razor burn? Without knowing those answers, it is difficult to make reasonable suggestions.

If the face has chemical sensitivities, then soaps that have significant amounts of menthol, lime, cedarwood, sandalwood, cinnamon, clove, etc. might be problematic. I avoid menthol, lime and clove for this reason. If the face is sensitive to razor burn, the finding a soap that is very slick, very protective, and is designed to moisturize the skin after the shave becomes all the more important.

Although I love the scent of tobacco flower and freshly cured tobacco, I hate the smell of tobacco smoke, so some soaps that other love just do not work for me as they smell like a stale ash tray to my nose. I also am not so fond of grassy scents, but other love them. Thus, what type of scent is the OP seeking?

I own two sets which I routinely open up to smell, even when I’m not shaving.

1. Pre de Provence original (sage) w/matching balm (I bought the bath soap)

2. Declaration Icarus Sweet Lemon (It has made me crave lemon desserts lately)

Both perform exceptionally, though are very different from one another.

I like PDP 63 also, but I think I like the original just a little bit more.

I always really liked Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandlewood soap and cream. They were easily my favorite scents of the soaps and creams that I have tried. Especially the cream, it smells more pronounced than the soap.
With that said, I put off trying Tabac for years because it seemed to have either a love or hate (mostly hate) for it’s scent. Well I finally tried it and I wish that I would of tried it 35 years ago. It’s my new favorite for performance and scent. I simply can’t see how anyone could actually hate the smell of it. I had my wife and 2 granddaughters give it the scent test and they all picked it over all of my Stirling, Captains Choice and Taylor Off Old Bond Street soaps. If you are like myself and haven’t tried it due to what you have heard and read about it’s scent, you owe it to yourself to try it. You may end up wishing that you tried it years ago. Tabac is outstanding in every way. Especially in scent. I like it so much that I ordered the aftershave, cologne and cream.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
... I had my wife and 2 granddaughters give it the scent test and they all picked it over all of my Stirling, Captains Choice and Taylor Off Old Bond Street soaps...

Yeah, but you failed to mention you pitted Tabac against Stirling 'Old Socks', CC 'Bilge Water' and TOBS 'Stilton'. :)

Top Bottom