What's new

Best smelling soap?

im thinking of buying two more soaps and would love to hear your recommendations for shave soaps in terms of scent and performance. Also i have sensitive skin.

I'm old school. Tabac is one that I never grow tired of. Performance is A+. C&E Nomad is a fave but performance is C at best. I use unscented KMF to boost performance to A levels with great scented poor performing soaps

There are a bazillion new soaps to try.

Taylor of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street for Sensitive Skin. Great performer and smells fantastic. Comes in a soap and a cream and is usually available on Amazon.

My top 3 that I've never either had or heard of anyone having trouble with either scent or performance are:

1. Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
2. Molton Brown
3. Phoenix & Beau Albion

There are others I love but can seem to be quite divisive ie Tabac, MWF, D.R. Harris Arlington

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Tabac
MWF

For perform excellently and they smell old school.
To me just the way shaving soap is supposed to smell.

These are top of the line for me in scent and performance. I don’t know about skin sensitivity though.

Mike’s Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
SV Felce
Barrister’s Reserve Cool
Eufros Lima Especias
WhollyKaw Pompelmo
Declaration Grooming Yuzu, Rose, Patchouli

Soap? PDP No. 63 is easily the most fantastic scent out there.
The puck takes a little time to break in because it is extremely dense, but once it does, it’ll carry you at least a year, with generous, daily use.

As hard as it is to narrow down, if I had to pick a few of my best smelling soaps, I would go with Nuavia Blu, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, and Declaration Grooming Darkfall. Oh, and the performance on these three is stellar.

My suggestions:
1. MdC if you want a soap that smells great and performs.
2. Haslinger’s if you want a top performer that has a mild scent.

Reactions: GMM
PannaCrema Nuavia Blue is in my opinion the very best soap made scent wise. It's a tier 1 soap as well in terms of performance.

Grooming Dept Incense & Rose is another that I'm really fond of in scent. Performance wise Grooming Dept is the best performing soap I've found to date and I've tried just about everything out there.

Soap? PDP No. 63 is easily the most fantastic scent out there.
The puck takes a little time to break in because it is extremely dense, but once it does, it’ll carry you at least a year, with generous, daily use.

Yes. It's a triple milled soap so get a good Omega or Semogue boar brush and go to town. Fantastic scent and good performance.

Phoenix Artisan Accouterments - Gondolier is my favorite scented soap period and PAA soaps are great performers.

If you like tobacco scents I would suggest Henri Et Victoria's Cognac and Cuban Cigars and The Artisan Soap Shoppe's Humidor. Both great scents and performers.

Declaration Mayflower is my favorite scent of all time. Santal Auster is a close second. But if your skin is sensitive you might want to stick with essential oil only (Tallow and steel, others) or unscented/lightly scented formulae.

I love Dr. Jon’s. Especially Flowers in the Dark. It’s one of my favorite scents and a great performer. The splash is also amazing
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My suggestions:
1. MdC if you want a soap that smells great and performs.
2. Haslinger’s if you want a top performer that has a mild scent.

MdC Fougere is one of the best scents I have come across. MdC's perfumers hit a home run with that blend of fragrances! Everyone should smell it at least once.

Haslinger may well be the best all-around performer that I have encountered. I don't use it much these days, but I think it has earned a permanent place in my top 5 list.

Fantastic Scents & Performance:
It's all subjective, but some of my favorites that have both criteria are:

-Fine - American Blend; Platinum; etc....
-Henri et Victoria- Duc de Santal (triple milled tallow)
-Sudsy Soapery- Sandalwood & Myrrh
-Wholly Kaw- Man from Mayfair; King of Oud
-B&M Reserve- Cool, Lavender, Classic; Spice;
-WSP- Olympus (Formula T)
-Mike's Natural- Barbershop
-Noble Otter- Barrbarr
-Oleo- Irving Park
-Declaration Grooming- Bandwagon; Champs de Lavande
-Midnight & Two- The Cabin
-Stirling- Ozark Mountain; Executive Man; Piacenza
-Haslinger- Schafmilch

Top Bottom