What's new

Best slickness

If you wanna dip toe into mass produced soaps I vote Tabac and close contender Palmolive stick. Wilkinson stick is on par with Palmolive but for me a bit on the drying side

these are my favs smooth, slick and a beautiful scent
20200702_183657.jpg

I have several Stirling soaps, some samples, as well as Williams and also Shannon's Soaps. All are plenty slick. I just got some Ogallala Bay Rum and it is as slick or even a little slicker than any.
Nevertheless, my Cremogena 1:1 blend of Cremo + Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin has better residual slickness than any of them.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Zingari Man Sego base has good slickness.

Barrister and Mann Reserve soaps are pretty slick also.

Of the soaps that I have that I have used the top 3 for slickness are: Tabac, Arko, and, drum roll please, Razor Rock Blue Fougere. I also have a few other RR croaps, but they aren't as slick as the Blue Fougere, there's something different about that one. Love it, which is a good thing since you get a ton of it in the package.

When I went to a shave shop after first starting, the owner handed me TOBS Sandalwood. This is what he recommends to anyone starting out.

If your TOBS cream is slicker than your Stirling, I'll venture to say your Stirling lather isn't optimal. Overloading soaps kills their slickness. If your lathers are pasty and sticky they probably need water. Properly hydrated tallow-based soaps are like greased lightning. Having said that, Arko and Tabac are slick, and staples around here.

Among my soaps and creams...I find the slickest are;
1.Arko
2.Colonel Conk (Lime, Amber, Almond & Bayrum)
3.Tabac
4.Omega Eucalyptus
5.Supermax
6.TOBS
.....and so forth..

I have Stirling and A&A inbound so will know more once I use.

TOBS jermyn street cream
Stirling Piacenza (croap)
Razorock XXX (croap)

These are my best performers with a beautiful scent on top 👌

Top Bottom