What's new

Best simple-smelling fragrances

So, basically by simple I mean a fragrance in which you can actually distinguish individual scent notes. Probably with just a few notes.

I personally prefer warm, soft, woody smelling fragrances with a hint of sweetness.

Tom Ford Ombre Leather maybe? Leather and amber and a bit floral/fruity.

Possibly my favourite scent. Amazing stuff IMO and pretty straightforward.

Tom Ford Ombre Leather maybe? Leather and amber and a bit floral/fruity.

Possibly my favourite scent. Amazing stuff IMO and pretty straightforward.
So I've recently been seeing a TF Ombre Leather parfum, Is this newer? Have you smelled it? I've yet to put my nose on the original Ombre Leather as per one of your previous suggestions. Just curious really. But some sniffs will be expedited since Mrs. Bots has officially vetoed my favorite leather frag Knize Ten. She dislikes it so much I'm going to eventually sell my bottle.

Apologies to OP for derailing this thread a bit.

So I've recently been seeing a TF Ombre Leather parfum, Is this newer? Have you smelled it? I've yet to put my nose on the original Ombre Leather as per one of your previous suggestions. Just curious really. But some sniffs will be expedited since Mrs. Bots has officially vetoed my favorite leather frag Knize Ten. She dislikes it so much I'm going to eventually sell my bottle.

Apologies to OP for derailing this thread a bit.
I have both (just a few samples of the Parfum but a bottle of the EDP) and I prefer the EDP over the Parfum. It is cheaper and more masculine. They last about the same.

Welcome to B&B, Sir TheMainTeaDude!
Let me suggest, visit any local fashion mall.
Try out tester colognes at the major stores, also places like L'Occitane.
Look mostly at the juices with "linear" or "straight" fragrance names or descriptions.
Especially cedar, vetiver, leather, sandalwood, musk.
Take back with you tester strips.
Don't worry about the price tags at this stage, it's only for learning!
Look at this as an exploration and development foray!
Enjoy the journey!

gingers escence evergreen gillette abc rudy vey l'occitane baux october 16 2014.jpg

I think I have similar tastes. I always have Geo F Trumper Eucris and DR Harris Windsor.

I personally like DR Harris Sandalwood too but my wife doesn’t. Trumper Astor and Wellington have intrigued me for years, only had samples, will get around to the bottles.

Here are my recommendations based on what you are looking for:
GFT Sandalwood
GFT Spanish Leather
GFT Curzon
DR Harris Marlborough
DR Harris Sandalwood

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Dunhill Custom. English pippin, black pepper, and incense. Each note immediately discernible. In other words, you get sweetness, spice, and wood resin. And as cheap as chips!

Not quite right. There’s the scent that envelops you as you drive past a sawmill that produces fence posts or other softwood products. It’s magic on a warm day

I often smell like a hippie from the 60s, but only during the cool months.

No, not funk - patchouli. Single note, essential oil. Just a couple of drops or you risk clearing a room.

Top Bottom