What's new

Best shotgun combo input needed .

I am looking to buy a new combo shotgun with two barrels, one for deer and one for bird. I have read some reviews and I want to get input from real owners, not online reviews. I understand the new 870s jam, is this true or just someone unhappy? I am looking to spend around 700 and want a 12 ..Shotgun deer season is close and I want to be ready....

I've had a 870 express for years and have never had a problem with it. However,i have also seen the reviews that have said this. when I researched this it seemed to be limited to the newer 870 express and only with cheap bulk ammo.(I think it was Winchester). The 870 Wingmasster did not seem to have this problem. I seems that slightly tight or rough chambers was the culprit. If you are looking in the 700 dollar range you might look at the Browning BPS or one of the auto shotguns. Other than that I know that mossberg makes a combo and they are good guns also.

I have an 870 and it doesn't have any issues, but it's a little older. You might consider buying a non-new combo set from a local gun store or pawn shop. There should be plenty to choose from; they are as plentiful and as popular as Toyotas. And pump shotguns usually get better with age and use.

Top Bottom