What's new

Best shaving gear travel bag

Hi, I'm looking to get a new travel bag for my shave gear not oversized but not to small to fit a razor, soap, aftershave, colone and some other accessories, I've been looking at some razor branded ones (not many out there) but they are relatively small or over priced, so all suggestions are welcome
Thx!

A Tupperware box big enough to hold everything works wonders. If something inside leaks no issue and breakable stuff can not be squashed.
Some of them even have organizers.
And if they get dirty they are dishwasher proof. Oh and they are transparant so less searching.
Biggest challenge is to find smaller bottles to fit your travel style.
I use several in my suitcase to organize cables, meds, nicnacs.

if you want it soft sided there is a plethora of organized bags for travelers.

more pretty classic dop bags in leather.

I'm currently using a dopp bag from Hide and Drink. They make a long line of leather products. Many are shave/toiletry related. I think its hi-quality stuff. And it's available on ama--n.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

A Tupperware box big enough to hold everything works wonders. If something inside leaks no issue and breakable stuff can not be squashed.
Some of them even have organizers.
And if they get dirty they are dishwasher proof. Oh and they are transparant so less searching.
Biggest challenge is to find smaller bottles to fit your travel style.
I use several in my suitcase to organize cables, meds, nicnacs.

if you want it soft sided there is a plethora of organized bags for travelers.

more pretty classic dop bags in leather.

That's a good idea, thanks for sharing!
Was wondering how I was going to travel back home with all the shaving goods I've acquired :)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Was wondering how I was going to travel back home with all the shaving goods I've acquired

1593811744097.png

You might consider searching for some generic zippered pouches on the various auction sites. I find that normal dopp kits are too large and I like to split mine in half or more depending on the items frequency of use. I like keeping all my shave gear (razor, blades, soap, brush, A/S) together in one small pouch; with dental care, deodorant, comb, body soaps in a different one. Thought it also depends on the bag I am taking as I found that I like to keep a comb & dental care even closer at hand in the side pouch of the travel bag, since it seems to get used multiple times per day....sometimes before unpacking and after repacking.

That's a good idea, thanks for sharing!
Was wondering how I was going to travel back home with all the shaving goods I've acquired :)
If needed there are boxes tough enough to stand on.
or a flip open pelican case.
So far only issue I find they are to big on a single sink and you can not hang them on a hook

I decant toiletries in contact lenses cases. Much smaller than travel >100ml containers.

If you like >100 ml travel containers, buy brands you are going to use or buy whatever is cheapest in a container you like ( usually .99-1.99), dump it and refill with your preferred brand(s) as the containers for the retail market with product in them are often as good or better than refillable "travel" containers and usually much cheaper.

The small clear Tupperware product is a good idea. I suspect that can even double as you shaving "bowl" as well in a pinch.

FWIW

it depends on how you shave and how you travel. This is my weekender/carry-on that I've gone a week or two out of. it's a Tom Bihn 1qt clear packing cube that works as a 3-1-1 carry on bag. I've also got an LL Bean travel bag that I've worked out of for months. there's a whole lot in between. hanging bags can be convenient too.

IMG_0961.jpeg

I have this Floto dopp kit:

I have had it for years and love it. Nice size and really nice design. Great quality. I have the orange one.

Top Bottom