What's new

best shaving creams for sensitive skin

I too have sensitive skin. Bad razor burn. I use an alum block. Try a gel that is for sensitive skin. Right now I am using Edge Ultra Sensitive. It's working real well. I don't need an alum block. With either a double edge razor or fusion pro glide razor. Plus it's easy to find and inexpensive too.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Most soothing and gentle I've ever tried (disclosure: I have not tried any of the unscented, and the Truefitt Ultimate Comfort is supposedly fantastic) is the TOBS Avocado. The scent is not bad, but took me maybe 3 shaves to really warm up to, now I absolutely love it. It does contain avocado oil Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil | Cosmetics Info which is great for skin.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
When I absolutely need a 100% irritation free shave I go with proraso white for sensitive skin.

Body shop maca root old formula, I have not tried the new formula yet but it should be as good.

I have sensitive skin and just got the new formula Maca Root shaving cream. It’s fantastic. Body Shop will make you a sample if you want to try it first. Also their 40% off sale is on now so the price is around ten bucks.

I have sensitive skin and just got the new formula Maca Root shaving cream. It’s fantastic. Body Shop will make you a sample if you want to try it first. Also their 40% off sale is on now so the price is around ten bucks.
I have three full tubs of the old formula and about half of another one. I am looking forward to giving the new formula a try!

I’m rather surprised that no one has suggested Aveeno “skin relief” gel. It’s very kind on sensitive skin.
Also you can mix a dab of Cremo into your shave cream or soap to create more glide.

I also have sensitive skin, the products that work very well for me are;

TOBS Organic & Aloe
Nivea Sensitive cream
Bulldog sensitive cream (Very good for the skin, but its brushless and wont lather)
Arko sticks
Palmolive cream and sticks
MWF (Sold cheaper as Kent soap, be careful of the lanolin)
Real Shaving Company cream
Proraso red, soap & cream.
Edwin jagger aloe (Expensive for what it is really)
Monsavon

Be careful with products billed as "sensitive" such as TOBS Jermyn St and Proraso white, the TOBS is quite heavily scented which can trigger a reaction, and the white proraso contains a decent bit of menthol.

Anything with almond or cinnamon is also a common cause of issues, soaps such as Cella, Figaro etc.. Figaro will turn my skin red in about 30 seconds and isn't that great of a soap really.

Try not washing your face with any soap before shaving, and don't be too heavy handed with the brush. A good sharp blade is essential for me, something like a feather or a shark.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I also have sensitive skin, the products that work very well for me are;

TOBS Organic & Aloe
Nivea Sensitive cream
Bulldog sensitive cream (Very good for the skin, but its brushless and wont lather)
Arko sticks
Palmolive cream and sticks
MWF (Sold cheaper as Kent soap, be careful of the lanolin)
Real Shaving Company cream
Proraso red, soap & cream.
Edwin jagger aloe (Expensive for what it is really)
Monsavon

Be careful with products billed as "sensitive" such as TOBS Jermyn St and Proraso white, the TOBS is quite heavily scented which can trigger a reaction, and the white proraso contains a decent bit of menthol.

Anything with almond or cinnamon is also a common cause of issues, soaps such as Cella, Figaro etc.. Figaro will turn my skin red in about 30 seconds and isn't that great of a soap really.

Try not washing your face with any soap before shaving, and don't be too heavy handed with the brush. A good sharp blade is essential for me, something like a feather or a shark.

I can't use cella either because of almond scent, but RazoRock's new formulated P-160 gives me no problems, and the smell of almond is sublime.
Proraso white works for me when so many other soaps and creams cause irritation.
Arko gave me the worst reaction than any other I have ever tried. I could feel a bad burning on my skin and it left redness and irritation that lasted for days.
My friend can use just about and soap, cream, after shave, or blade without having any problems, so I give him all the things I try that cause irritation or a reaction. So I just keep experimenting with new things and don't worry about it going to waste.
We're all different in regards to using products that work or not, but luckily there are a lot that are available that do work and are wonderful.

It just depends what you’re allergic to, but speick and Nivea sensitive are good choices.

I’m allergic to lots of stuff, but most Proraso stuff is a safe bet for me.

I'll also toss my hat in the Proraso white ring. I has a nice mild smell. Equally mild is the Trumpers Sandalwood.

Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort shaving cream and matching ASB is my top cream. Nivea Sensitive cream and matching ASB is a close second. Both excellent for the skin.
I too can recommend the Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort shaving cream. No irritation whatsoever when using this coupled with the ASB

Top Bottom