What's new

best shaving creams for sensitive skin

Hello everyone :)
which shaving creams are best for sensitive skin ?
I have sensitive skin prone to razor bumps...

Same here, but I found a good sensitive skin aftershave balm is more important than shaving cream.

Some might disagree but the alcohol in aftershave drys out my face too much. So I avoid buying any AS/balm with it.

YMMV

Razor bumps? Maybe try a milder razor? For me, going from a DE89 to an AS-D2 did wonders.

In terms of creams, the least irritating cream I have used is Muhle Organic. However, it is not as slick and cushioned as some of the other creams I have tried. St. James of London (SJOL) Lavender is pretty decent. And if you're looking for a soap, then Martin de Candre unscented is great, although I did have to leave the tub open a few days to help reduce the skin irritation when using it initially. SJOL offers a sample kit for $7 on their website.

Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort shaving cream and matching ASB is my top cream. Nivea Sensitive cream and matching ASB is a close second. Both excellent for the skin.

Surprised Taylor Of Old Bond Street (TOBS) Jermyn Street hasn’t come up yet. It’s cheaper than a lot of options and it’s made for sensitive skin.

I’ve used a lot of different soaps and creams that are highly rated but I keep coming back to Jermyn Street. The scent is mild, but masculine and pairs well with Fine Platinum aftershave or any unscented balm (I’m a big fan of Soap Commander unscented).

If you live near an AoS store, they offer a free sample of only their unscented line.

I have very sensitive skin and for many years I used Muhle Organic and it was fine, but then I tried St. James of London which didn't do well with my skin and I've been looking for something with better performance ever since. SJOL has since come out with Lavender and that works pretty nicely. I have also tried Martin de Candre soap (not a cream) and that works well too, although I had to leave the tub open for several days to get it to stop irritating my skin.

I’m prone to a mild rosacea reaction from some shave products. Here’s a short list of what works for me:
  • Proraso Blue
  • Speick cream (great stuff)
  • AOS unscented cream
Ingredients that will “light me up” and guarantee a miserable shave:
  • Lanolin
  • Sandalwood

+1 on the TOBS Jermyn st. Took the travel size with me for the holiday vacation and the red in my cheeks died down considerably after a week. Could also be I was drinking less.. but still.

Top Bottom