What's new

"best" shaving cream

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Sad to say, but the top 3 creams I have tried have all been discontinued. This would be C&E Sweet Almond Oil, The Body Shop's Original Formula (beige tub) and Proraso Red with wheat germ.

Among those still in production, I like Blenheim Bouquet, Confianca, Jack Black Supreme, and the Four Horseman of the Shavepocalypse: Tabac, Musgo Real, Proraso, and Spieck.

+1 on the often over looked Jack Black Supreme.

i think this is a each day choice.
each smell like that day you using a especific cream.
i have almost 31 diferents creams and soaps.each day is a new opportunity to find some .
the last i used "brut classic".amazing

GFT gives me the best shave of what I have tried so far but the Palmolive Menthol Is a very good one also. The QCS Vostock is next on the to try list though.

TOBS avocado followed very close GFT Coconut oil are my favorites so far but i haven't used one of the T's that didn't make a wonderful lather.

Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar cream is is one of the best creams i have. I have noticed that a lot of the cheaper shaving creams/soaps are 'better' then the expensive ones. But T&H Trafalgar is one of the best, but rather expensive..

Tough... Speick or the I Coloniali with medicinal rhubarb.

I enjoy my English creams quite a bit (CrS, CF, Simpsons) as much as the others I have (Arko, Tabula Rasa, Mühle Organic, Kappus, Palmolive, Proraso...) but the one to be stranded with on a deserted island would be Speick.

The GFT Coconut that a lot of ppl here love so dearly doesn't seem to work so well for my skin.

Too many out there and everyone's likes and dislikes come into play. Try as many samples as you can, you'll find your best. One that is highly thought of here I don't think much of, and the ones I love are hardly mentioned or discussed.

I love Trumpers Violet above many, many that I have tried. Consistently the best shave I get. Works best on my rough spots.
Trumpers Coconut a close second. But second. Sadly, my skin sometimes reacts poorly to the Violet, so can't use it everyday.

Domenico Caraceni an honorable mention. Seems like the most opulent cream I have ever used. Lather beast.

QCS Vostok - This stuff is magic. No other cream I've tried has such a moisturizing/soothing/softening quality on my skin (not even other QCS creams).

My vote will go to Queen Charlotte Soaps shaving creams. My favourite so far is Coconut (Limited Edition) but I am going to try Vostok tomorrow.

Top Bottom