What's new

Best shave yet

This morning:

Brand new Merkur 1904 razor
Brand new Feather blade
Brand new Taylor's avocado (much stiffer in the jar than other creams I've tried)
Brand new Simpson Emperor Super brush (from Em's Place)
Brand new Taylor's No. 74 aftershave

(Can you tell I've got the fever?)

Used a lathering cup (Moss scuttle still not here after 3 days!!! :001_smile )

Showered first and used a conditioning shampoo on my beard. (Still haven't bought any conditioner--don't want to go overboard.)

I tried for the first time doing TWO downward passes, rinsing and re-lathering between passes. (I rinsed to re-wet my face.) Then a rinse, re-lather and upward shave, plus feeling for rough places and touching up.

Terrific shave. Best yet--probably due to practice in addition to the above.

Question: I rinse the lather off the razor by briefly turning on the hot water. How many of you use a sinkful of hot water instead?

I once tried a sinkful of water instead of rinsing under running water, thinking to do my part for conservation...... :18: :18: :18: :18: I'll pass on the floating goo of whisker bits and cream. Now I compromise by keeping the water off and just turning it on now and again to rinse the razor.

I use running water. My sink doesn't have the best seal so I'd use more water filling it up every few minutes.

I just briefly turn the water on and off in order to rinse the razor. I like to hear the razor do its work and can't hear it with the water running. I also like to conserve the water.

Bud

Leisureguy said:
Brand new Merkur 1904 razor
Brand new Feather blade
Brand new Taylor's avocado (much stiffer in the jar than other creams I've tried)
Brand new Simpson Emperor Super brush (from Em's Place)
Brand new Taylor's No. 74 aftershave
. . .snip
(Still haven't bought any conditioner--don't want to go overboard.)

Based on the above acquisitions, I'd say go out and get some conditioner--you have already fallen off the boat and are sinking fast!:biggrin:

Sounds like a good shave! I use a sinkful of hot water, but I usually replace the water with fresh hot water after the 2nd or 3rd pass.

I found that by keeping the hot tap at a drizzle between rinses, the water stays hot for the rinse. In that way I assuage any enviro-nasty feelings that I may have.

Top Bottom