What's new

Best shave yet with straight razor!

I have tried quite a few straight razors while learning. While my skills have gotten better over time, but I have never been able to achieve my desired results. When I first started out with straights, I bought new ones. They were sharp and everything, but buying new wasn't a good idea considering I didn't know much about straights at the time, so I sold it. More recently I bought a vintage razor. It cut hair pretty good, but it probably needed a new bevel. I didn't have a bevel setting stone, so I sold that one. This past week, things finally went my way! I bought a vintage Wade & Butcher Original Arrow straight razor. First I sharpened it with my Norton 4K/8K, then I finished it off with my Chinese 12K. I stropped it and it was time for a shave. The results? It was the best straight shave I ever had! The blade cut the hairs very nicely. What made this time different. I don't know for sure. I'm assuming it's because this razor had a better bevel, which made it easier to further sharpen. I doubt it was my stropping, because that has remained consistent throughout time. Or maybe it was because the angle at which I shaved was better. Whatever it is, I feel like I have finally arrived! Thank you all for all your help!:001_smile

Matt

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Glad to hear you got the results you're looking for.
Keep at it, believe it or not, it gets even better!

Top Bottom