What's new

Best shave soap value out there

Best value for me; Tabac-great shave. LOVE it
Best shaveing soap for me; Trumpers Almond-better shave with less effort
If I had to pick; BOTH :biggrin:

VDH Deluxe. A buck and a half at Wally World.

+1 in VDH. It has a great lather. I bought it because I forgot to pack any soap and it was all I could find.

I am not going to switch, because value is only one of the reasons I use the shaving products, but it is pretty darn good.

To add to my earlier Palmolive pick...

MWF/Kent SS.

£5, lasts longer than anything, and is also absolutely my favourite soap.

My opinion is that your favourite soap is the best value. Considering the more expensive soaps are £30 and will last a year it's still only about £0.13 a shave. I figure my Eramic tallow costs me about 1/2 a penny per shave!

.... what you can't quantify is the enjoyment you get from it. Of all of my hobbies and interests I can't think of anything where I spend 30 min per day, 6 days a week and gives me this much enjoyment/satisfaction.

If I had to pick one, Id have to say Tabac. Its the best soap Ive used at any price, and a reasonable one at that.

If I had to choose a second, its any of the Mama Bear offerings. Seven bucks? Come on.

If I had to choose a third, it would be Pre de Provence. Its the slickest Ive ever used, is cheap, and comes in a tin. I have also used IK, and I think PdP has it beat a mile.

More love for the Tabac. Awesome stuff.

Meh on the Mitchell's Wool Fat. Fine product, just got tired of it.

Arko is a nice change-up. Speick stick I like too.

Variety.

Soap Commander.

Great Performance. $15 for a 6oz tub ($2.50/oz). And the bonus is that Carrie and Darren, the creative force behind Soap Commander, are great people.

proxy.php

Top Bottom