What's new

Best Shave Soap Manufacturer in UK or USA?

I believe that Lother is based in the UK, which would make them a top consideration. As for the US, there are a number of soap makers with comparable base quality, which would likely make it a question of scent quality. The best perfumers in the US with a good base are probably Declaration and Mammoth. The rest either have a comparable base with worse scenting, or comparable scenting with a worse base.

Like some of the others, my favorite US soap artisan is Grooming Dept. Specifically, Kairos SE is the best soap I have ever used and I have over 200 different soaps in my collection. Mohammad's Mallard and Kairos bases are also superb.

However, there are many excellent choices:

Ariana and Evans Kaisen 2e, Ethos Grooming Essentials F Base, Barrister and Mann Omnibus, Declaration Grooming Milksteak, House of Mammoth Tusk, Oaken Lab V3 from Indonesia, Wholly Kaw Siero, and Zingari Man Sego.

Unfortunately, I have not found any UK or EU soap that will perform list the ones I listed.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It seems from my reading of the threads on soaps and owning some I would think is the USA it is Sterling or PAA and in the UK it would be Taylor of old Bond street IMO.

For me :

UK - Tie between Phoenix and Beau (for those who like tea forward scents, ‘Albion’ is wonderful), Lothur and Wickham

U.S. - Barrister and Mann or Declaration Grooming

I’ve tried a bunch of soaps, but still haven’t found anything that comes close to Wicked Rooster Farm. They’re just a little country farm, so I’m sure they couldn’t handle much in terms of volume. So don’t tell anybody.

Unfortunately, I have not found any UK or EU soap that will perform list the ones I listed.
Tallow Tabac is the closest. Because i love the scent so much whatever shortcomings it has in performance (and there aren't many at all) it makes up for in the scent dept. Grooming Dept is my favorite soap artisan.

Top Bottom