What's new

Best Shave Kit with Merkur 34C?

Looking for company to buy shave kit that includes Merkur 34C.
I know I can put all the pieces together with a Merkur 34C, but I'm looking for a kit if you have suggestions. Thanks!

Looking for company to buy shave kit that includes Merkur 34C.
I know I can put all the pieces together with a Merkur 34C, but I'm looking for a kit if you have suggestions. Thanks!
Well there is this
Merkur 34C Starter Kit - https://www.gents.co.uk/merkur-34c-starter-kit

It comes in at £96 but I don't know where you are based, as this a UK based site.

Why not put the pieces together yourself? (Honest question)
I would echo this. It would work out considerably cheaper to self-assemble to personal tastes your soap, cream, brush and what ever else you require.

If it's a gift you can still choose some tasteful and nice items and add as a gift bundle, and still probably save £30 or more.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any pre assembled kit, but I'm sure there are some out there for purchase. My concern with a pre assembled kit is the poor quality of some of the items that would be included due to the lack of knowledge by the companies buyer of what quality gear truly is, & not just what Google & Amazon say is quality. Or the store has assembled a quality kit, but adds their 50% markup to the items to make a $75 - $100 starter kit $150 - $200. What I am mainly referring to is the substandard brush usually sold in a starter kit as well as the no-name shaving soap. A nice starter kit, IMHO, would include a Simpson Trafalgar brush with a jar of Martin de Candre soap, and then the razor of your choice. Those items would serve the user well & would provide quality shaves even after the user learns proper technique & could then appreciate the quality of those items.

If you want to have the items delivered, you can order the products individually all from one supplier & ask them to mail it to the recipient. Most vendors would even include a gift card for you. Merchants in the USA: Maggards, Pasteur Pharmacy, West Coast Shaving. In Europe: Connaught Shaving, YourShaving.

A nice starter kit, IMHO, would include a Simpson Trafalgar brush with a jar of Martin de Candre soap, and then the razor of your choice. Those items would serve the user well & would provide quality shaves even after the user learns proper technique & could then appreciate the quality of those items.
Good choices there. The only other thing I’d recommend adding would be a blade sampler with a decent selection of blades

Top Bottom