What's new

Best Shave Cream for lather?

TOBS, C.O. Bigelow, Maca Root, Kiss My Face, Speick, La Toja, Shulton (India) Old Spice, Godrej are all in my den.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I love TOBS and AOS creams, but nothing I have ever tried lathers as well as Maca Root. It is also incredibly slick.

I want to try them TOBS , but since Amazon somehow has T&H No. 10 for 9 dollars on amazon, it's hard to justify such a top notch cream at $9 vs. a $15 dollar cream.

Holy cow! You can't beat that price. I've never tried the T&H No. 10 scent, but for that price, it's a no-brainer.

The product was listed as an add-on, meaning that something else had to be ordered. I've wanted to try the Trumper's GFT, so a tub of that and the No. 10 set me back around $32. Excellent!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Castle Forbes stands out as a performer and a tiny bit gets you plenty of lather. Proraso single blade is a very good lather-er/performer too.

I think the best shaving experience comes with using a combination of sorts. I always get great results from rubbing a shaving cream, soap, shave stick, pre shave, oil, or creamo first and then face lathering with more product.

Holy cow! You can't beat that price. I've never tried the T&H No. 10 scent, but for that price, it's a no-brainer.

The product was listed as an add-on, meaning that something else had to be ordered. I've wanted to try the Trumper's GFT, so a tub of that and the No. 10 set me back around $32. Excellent!
Do shoot me a PM and let me know how you like it, because honestly , I think it out performs their other line but it just might not smell as nice to other people who are used to say, 1805. I however love the scent of No.10 personally.

IMG_6584.JPG
T&H, TOBS, LaToja.....all really good.
AoS wins though. No question

Crown produces pretty effortless lather. One of my favorites. Performs like a champ too. Worth every penny. Check it out. You won't be disappointed. Every brush I've tried with this has been a winner.

Also a fan of AOS and DR Harris creams. Both nice choices as well with respect to ease of forming great lather and having excellent slickness and cushion. Love em all.

Kiss My Face is very easy to lather and quite affordable if you are looking to practice your lathering technique with various brushes or water/cream ratios or whatever.

Other good low cost options: La Toja, Proraso, Lavanda, Godrej, Dettol, Omega,

Other good higher cost options: Simpsons, Taylors, Trumpers, Salters, Truefitt and Hill, Art of Shaving, Musgo Real,

I haven't used Biotique Palmyra but reviews say it lathers pretty much just by looking at it.

Check out the sampler packs sold by several vendors if you want to try a bunch.

I'll add St. James of London to my above list. Any one of their creams lather great but my two favs are
Sandalwood & Bergamot and Cederwood & Clarysage. Mandarin & Patchouli is a close third.. Did not care for the Lime & Black Pepper. Those are the four I've used so I can't speak for the other scents.
Mikey

I've had good results with using a small dab of Cremo as a pretreat on my face and then Cella over the top. It makes a nice slick thick cream. Cant beat the price of Cella in th 1 kg block.

You will love the Trumpers GFT.

Top Bottom