What's new

best shave after 3 days growth?

I usually shave every day before going to work. But now and then I will not shave for a 2-3 days, and i have often found that these seem to be the best shaves - the closest, and most comfortable. Does anyone else have this experience? And if so, why is this? I shaved this morning after not shaving for 2-3 days and it was great. After, I even used an alcohol based aftershave and it did not sting nearly as much as it would when daily shaving.

Several guys have posted similar thoughts on this topic recently. FWIW, I would agree--I get some of my best shaves when there's a little growth built up by skipping a day.

mrob said:
Several guys have posted similar thoughts on this topic recently. FWIW, I would agree--I get some of my best shaves when there's a little growth built up by skipping a day.

Me too, I think there are two reasons why this is. First, any leftover irritation from the previous shave is gone. Second. With increased beard growth comes a thicker coat of sebum on your beard and skin. Nature's teflon.
Cheers,
Jeff

Top Bottom