What's new

Best scent in ROSE shaving cream?

TOBS Rose shaving cream. This cream and Castle Forbes 1445 are my favourites. Bursting with flavour or should I say, Scent and never fail to create great globs of lather.

E81B2BC2-B464-4AEA-8799-8AD91B26A662.jpeg

I've got some Martin de Candre Rose and Geo F Trumper Rose on the way. They should be here in a few days. I have great expectations.

Reactions: edw
I switched from a mix of soaps and creams to all soaps about 5-6 years ago. My favorite Rose creams were TOBS & T&H. I once spent $80 on MdC Rose from a US vendor and gave it to my son-in-law after only a couple shaves. I wasn't impressed, but he liked it so it didn't go to waste.

THE best scented rose cream I have ever used...
View attachment 1522487
It is a mild scent, but is the closest to a real rose according to my nose.
I bought that brand some years ago. It smelled nothing like rose to me. I ended up tossing it though it was good as a shave cream. Just not a pleasing scent. I thought they withdrew from the American market.

although not a pure rose, Mike's Natural Rose, Patchoulli, and Cedarwood is rose forward and amazing. it's my favorite scent and his soaps are excellent.

10+ years ago. i used to love the Art of Shaving Rose Shaving Cream... as always, that is no longer being made. I love the GFT Rose and follow that up with either Tom Ford Rose ***** or Rose de Russie for the perfect combo.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Simpsons had a delightful rose cream. Discontinued 5 or more years ago, they still had some NOS the last time I looked, but that was probably 2019.
EDIT... Just checked...Maggards has 5 tins in stock!

It is easier to lather MDC, but with the right technique the hard soap GFT is great. I prefer the GFT cream, though. It is super slick and smells really good.

I have some Ariana and Evans Amber Rose on the way. I can't wait to test it out. The slickness of the new Kaizen 2e base is unrivaled. I don't know yet about the scent.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I picked up some of the AoS that had petrified in the tub. Mixed up with some distilled water it has worked pretty well. I've too many soaps & creams but would love to find a nice rose cream in a small(ish) tube.

A great rose scent, it isn't a cream or a soap, more of a croap, is the Amber Rose by Ariana & Evans. It is more rose incense-like with a hint of spice, not a pure rose.

Top Bottom