What's new

Best Sandalwood cream?

I really like the T&H Sandalwood. I look forward to what you think Scotto.

And Water, QED Charles has T&H Sandalwood in stock. THat is where I bought mine.

O.K.

I have tried but therefore can recommend two. AOS and Taylors. I prefer the AOS but like the Taylors as well.

MJB (aka Marc)

I'm very partial to QED and C&E for single note sandalwood. I also enjoy Vulfix for it's almost gingerbread like scent.

My favorite sandalwoods are C&E sandalwood cream, AOS sandalwood cream, vulfix sandalwood cream, Taylor sandalwood cream, in that order. I have not tried the Trumper version and cannot comment on it.
Favorite sandalwood soap: QED, (awesome stuff!) followed by C&E. I tried caswell massey and did not like it.
John P.

How on Earth is C&E, or Trumpers for that matter, a "single note sandalwood??" Mixed floral soapy, maybe, but definitely not the dry woody sandalwood. (but nice, none-the-less :001_smile ).

Hi has any one try the Cyril R Salter shaving cream range it is one of the best there is they do Lime,Almond,Fresh Mint,Citrus,Wild Rose,Indian Sandalwood,French Vetiver

Indeed. Salters are among my favorite creams. The Rose is to die for, and the mint is sublime. And don't get me started on the delightfully stanky vetiver.

tonesbarbershop.co.uk said:
Hi has any one try the Cyril R Salter shaving cream range it is one of the best there is they do Lime,Almond,Fresh Mint,Citrus,Wild Rose,Indian Sandalwood,French Vetiver

Taking the topic away from Sandalwood for a minute, how would you describe the Salter Citrus scent? What fragrances are used to make it?

I would agree with Scotto. Salter's Citrus has a wonderful scent. Grapefruit would be my choice of a best description as well. I prefer it to most of the lemon/lime type scents out there as they seem a melange of citrus that can be coarse yet weak scented. I don't know really how to explain it. Suffice it to say that Citrus is a favourite scent of mine. The Salter shave cream sometimes gets a knock for not being as good as the big three T's but I don't find this necessarily true. You just have to use a pinch more and lather it up appropriately. Irregardless, it's a favourite scent of mine and I shall purchase another once I've used up my current bowl.

Regards, Todd

Okay, I'm convinced. Tomorrow's shave will be Taylor's Sandalwood, using the Vulvix 2235, and shaving with the 1940's Super Speed and a Swedish Gillette blade. Taylor's No. 74 aftershave to finish up. God, this stuff is fascinating! :biggrin:

Top Bottom