What's new

Best Safety Razor for stubborn short white stubble ?.

Dear Fellow Shavers,

Have noticed that I have some tiny white stubble on the neck and jaw line which still remains even after having it cut short by a Gillette Tech. safety Razor & el-cheapo blades ( just to learn the technique).
I do have sensitive skin.
I have posted in this same forum about upgrading to a stainless steel razor - either a Gamechanger 68 or 84.
Do I need a combination of a sharper razor blade and more aggressive Safety Razor (without the risk of ‘nicking’ or red rash )? and is a 68 or 84 more suited to remove the short stubborn white hairs on the second pass ?.
Thanks guys.

If you're using el-cheapo blades now, you could try some sharper ones first and see if that improves things. A tech will usually not shave extremely close on my face. It's perfectly acceptable to me but if you're looking for a BBS shave, something more aggressive might be in order. I don't have a Gamechanger but I imagine the .68 is probably a little more aggressive than a Tech. More aggressive usually means more risk of nicks and burn but if your technique is good, you can avoid those. I've been shaving the past few days with an R41 and it gives me some really comfortable shaves if I do my part.

Dear Fellow Shavers,

Have noticed that I have some tiny white stubble on the neck and jaw line which still remains even after having it cut short by a Gillette Tech. safety Razor & el-cheapo blades ( just to learn the technique).
I do have sensitive skin.
I have posted in this same forum about upgrading to a stainless steel razor - either a Gamechanger 68 or 84.
Do I need a combination of a sharper razor blade and more aggressive Safety Razor (without the risk of ‘nicking’ or red rash )? and is a 68 or 84 more suited to remove the short stubborn white hairs on the second pass ?.
Thanks guys.
I recommend Feathers ASD2 with Feather or persona blades. Or perhaps a above the tie single edge or double edge. That's what I recommend.

Only change one variable at a time. Try different, sharper blades. Many vendors (Maggard, WCS) offer sample packs. I like Wilkinson Sword (German made) and Gillette Silver Blues.

Only change one variable at a time. Try different, sharper blades. Many vendors (Maggard, WCS) offer sample packs. I like Wilkinson Sword (German made) and Gillette Silver Blues.
I like the site try a blade. I have gotten two orders so far. I hate having to get packs of stuff I don't want to try.

I would experiment with blades first. A different blade/razor combo might be your ticket to shaving paradise.

+1! Yes indeed!

For me the optimal combination is a sharp blade in a ‘mild/moderate‘ razor. Others prefer different combinations. The only way to determine what works best for you is to try things yourself IMO.

Top Bottom