What's new

Best Razors For Head Shaving

Hm, never considered using conditioner. I’ve always lathered up, did an ATG pass and then followed up with shampoo for a cleanup pass. Conditioner makes more sense than shampoo and probably doesn’t burn anywhere near as bad if it gets in your eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that conditioner (Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner) works great for the head. Alba Botanica aloe mint very emollient shave cream is another very slick head lube.

Head Blade is a good tool to learn shaving the head with before advancing to a straight blade. Can help you to learn the contours of your head with less potential damage done. To you and the o.p., Good luck! Fear not.

I agree that conditioner (Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner) works great for the head. Alba Botanica aloe mint very emollient shave cream is another very slick head lube.

Head Blade is a good tool to learn shaving the head with before advancing to a straight blade. Can help you to learn the contours of your head with less potential damage done. To you and the o.p., Good luck! Fear not.
Thank you for the words of encouragement.
I used a Claymore v2 with a Feather Pro Super for a head and face shave tonight.
In the very heavy and fierce Claymore v2 the Pro Super blade makes for a shave about as aggressive as it gets but using a steep angle this was a phenomenal shave indeed:
C1241280-720C-4447-94B9-66E1C8A338AD.jpeg

When I first started shaving my head I used the same razor and blade as on my face (I shave both every day). I found this was taking too long and switched to an injector (Schick adjustable). About six months ago I ran out of razor blades when on a trip and paid a visit to the store in the hotel. I purchased a Mach 3 and I got a good shave on my head. Since then, I shave my head with the Mach 3 every day. It's funny that I get good shaves on my head with that razor but get better shaves on my face with a DE or SE.

When I first started shaving my head I used the same razor and blade as on my face (I shave both every day). I found this was taking too long and switched to an injector (Schick adjustable). About six months ago I ran out of razor blades when on a trip and paid a visit to the store in the hotel. I purchased a Mach 3 and I got a good shave on my head. Since then, I shave my head with the Mach 3 every day. It's funny that I get good shaves on my head with that razor but get better shaves on my face with a DE or SE.
Although I’m enjoying using SEs and DEs for my head it’s actually good to hear this - I love my straight razors for my face and (as seen earlier in this thread) I can head shave with them but that really is a massive chore.
The Gillette Guard on the other hand is absolutely amazing for headshaving maybe <3 minutes for complete BBS but horrible on the face and neck.

So it’s working out that when I use a straight for my face I’ll use the Gillette Guard for my head.

I also had great results with Cobra Classic SE razor. But it must be used with great care. Or you might slice of your ear [emoji16]

I recently picked up a new Dorco handle. I got the pace 6 just to try the blades out. Best head shave ever. After I finish the stock of pace 4’s I have, I’ll be switching to the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I quit shaving my head a week or 2 back, I experimented over the summer and found the Chinese Futur Clone on a setting of 6 with either a GSB or Nacet blade is the best for me. Clean and comfortable

The only time I shaved my head was with an EJ DE89. It yielded a very comfortable, easy shave. I saw a video where the guy put proraso cream directly on his hand, hand to the head, and added water as needed. You get a very good idea of where you still need touchups.

I used to use the Headblade, but got sick of paying so much money for carts that I just switch to using my electric clippers several times a week.

Now I use the Parker Variant a couple times a week, works awesome for me. I also picked up a Bald Eagle for a really decent price for the days I'm in a rush. It's no where near as good as a real shave, but does the trick

I recently had success using a Rockwell 6C. I started with the number 3 plate and moved up to the 4. 3 wasn't quite aggressive enough and that was after I shaved my hair down (I shave my head once a week) with balding clippers.

I just got an Omnishaver. It works well, damn well. No nicks even on my first shave with its new blades. While I've used a fresh lather made with a shaving brush, I find that hair conditioner? works best. It's very slick and frankly really cheap, even in giant bottles.

My DE experiments in head shaving have been ... poor, yeah that's it, poor. My technique especially in the back is not good enough for a DE razor.

Still, I do recommend the Omnishaver. You can get it on Indiego (and yes the product really is shipping.)

Reading posts here has caused me to want to try my Schick Injector on my head just because I have it.

I have been using the Omnishaver as well. Been fantastic. Used headblade moto before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently picked up a new Dorco handle. I got the pace 6 just to try the blades out. Best head shave ever. After I finish the stock of pace 4’s I have, I’ll be switching to the.....

I found these on Amazon and they are brilliant for shaving my head - very close, easy to use and if you order the multi-buy off the UK website, they work out at less than £1 per cartridge, with each one lasting a week of morning shaves

... I purchased a Mach 3 and I got a good shave on my head. Since then, I shave my head with the Mach 3 every day. It's funny that I get good shaves on my head with that razor but get better shaves on my face with a DE or SE.

Same here (mostly). My favorite for face-shaving is a Gillette New LC, and I'd still probably use that for head-shaving as well, but when I'm in a hurry (which is almost always these days) I use a Mach 3. It's the best of the cartridge razors AFAIC.

Cartridge guys should check out the Leaf Razor

+1

Had bought the Leaf shave for it's novelty value. Looked nice on picture.

Actually, also looks nice in the real world, but is much larger than useful for me on the face. The big head assembly only works on the cheeks and a bit of the neck for me.

But on the head it's great.

I'm still experimenting with other razors for the head, but the Leaf has replaced the mach 3 as my go-to when what I was trying does not work or for days when I really have no motivation for any experimantation.

br
godek

Top Bottom