What's new

Best razor for around the nose?

I think the answer is dependent upon where the individuals hair grows. Hair on the columella requires a small head. The E Type Schick is the smallest head in my collection.

Under the nose was my problem area until someone on a forum mentioned a technique that works anytime with any razor for me. I'll try my best to explain the trick. Place the top cap against your nostril with the handle almost touching your face, and while holding the cap against your nose, raise the handle away from your face. This is more scraping than shaving with the blade, but after 2-3 times all the crevices are smooth. I hope my description makes sense.

'Stache :)

Merkur 907, but it's overkill unless you have some facial hair that you trim as well.
tempa.jpg

I think I would prefer a 3 piece razor if I ever shave under my nose.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great suggestions and techniques! This really helps me understand each razor better. The PAA Ascension continues to perform well. I don’t even need to move my face closer to the mirror, I just scoop under, around and done. My other razors require a bit more effort but also do a great job. Tomorrow I’m switching to the Game changer 68. With this razor I do the following to get every hair under my nose.

Shave entire face including the upper lip but not right up under nose. Dry fingers on left hand and place them above left upper lip and pull down and to the left to bring hairs under nose down. Using the other hand shave by scooping the razor under and around left nostril. Do the same thing on the other side. Sometimes it takes a few tries but without pulling down to bring the hairs down I’d never be able to reach and shave them off.

Happy shaving!

Dollar Tree 5 pack of Barbasol disposables. If my DE doesn't get me the result I want I grab this out of a mug of stuff that sits on my sink and finish under the nose. I don't need it all the time but it's there when I do. a 5 pack last me a long long time, and I have an emergency shaver ready to go if I need a 60 second shave.

Any problem I have shaving under my nose can easily be solved by moving it aside with my free hand. With a Schick injector (type G for me) or Blackland Vector even this extremely minor irritant ceases to be an issue.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Place the top cap against your nostril with the handle almost touching your face, and while holding the cap against your nose, raise the handle away from your face. This is more scraping than shaving with the blade, but after 2-3 times all the crevices are smooth. I hope my description makes sense.

Rolling the razor. Thats what I do with DE's.

The only ones that didnt work that well for me were TTO's.

Top Bottom