What's new

Best razor blade for a Schick Injector?

yomuppet said:
There are also these:

http://www.tedpella.com/dissect_html/dissect.htm#anchor1606431

And I had the same question as you (about which is the best blade).

J

These are the only injector blades I've used - I find them sharp, comfortable and good for 5 - 6 shaves, which is all I get from any blade.

Some people say these are the same as the Personna blades - but I can't confirm either way.

All I can say is that at $4.50 for 20 blades, they're the best deal going for new (not NOS) injector blades.

There are really only two choices if you don't want to cut down Feather blades to size. Personna and Schick. Most of the store-branded blades, as well as the Pellas (I think) are Personna. Both are decent shavers, with the edge (pun intended) going to the Schicks. If you are going to cut down Feather blades, be very careful you don't hurt yourself doing it.

J,

I agree with Suzuki about the Pella blades. These are the only ones I use in my injectors. Very sharp, and only US$4.50 for a catridge of 20.

I ordered two packs last time from Ted Pella, and shipping was a bit steep at US$8-9. So next time I'll order at least six cartidges.

They also require a signature if you are shipping to a residence. They don't want to leave blades on doorsteps for children to take. Liability issues. So I guess the high shipping takes into account the signature required.

Still, great blades.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

I had 200 GEM blades and 60 injector blades shipped to Canada for something like $7 or $8.

If you ask them to ship using USPS, they will, which might lower the price.

Obviously, its much cheaper to order in bulk - I'm sure you can find someone here to go splits on a large order. Still, at $4.50 for 20 vs. $5 for 7, (23 vs 71 cents per blade) even with shipping (2 packs for $9) you're still only paying 45 cents per blade.

yomuppet said:
What's the shipping fee like on those tedpella blades?

J
Since you have no location information, it would be difficult to guess... But Ted Pella does not charge exhorbitant shipping and handling. It is basically a pass through of the mode you choose.

Coche_y_bondhu said:
J,

I agree with Suzuki about the Pella blades. These are the only ones I use in my injectors. Very sharp, and only US$4.50 for a catridge of 20.

I ordered two packs last time from Ted Pella, and shipping was a bit steep at US$8-9. So next time I'll order at least six cartidges.

They also require a signature if you are shipping to a residence. They don't want to leave blades on doorsteps for children to take. Liability issues. So I guess the high shipping takes into account the signature required.

Still, great blades.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Must be extra for Baja Oklahomans!:wink2:
I think I paid $5 or $6, but to the office.

Just want to enquire to be sure -duh-Do feather blades fit injector razors?They seem to be manufactured for the trimmer type straight razor. Haven't looked at tepella shipping yet.:confused:

Feather blades don't really fit injectors. They are apparently the right width, but too long. People cut them down to the right length to use in an injector. Something I have not tried, but want to (not because I really believe it is worth doing, but just because it would be fun to try).

Top Bottom