What's new

Best post shave product I've ever used

I've been using Proraso Pre as a pre-shave for years and it's very good for that purpose. As a post shave I used it once years ago, when it was labeled Proraso Pre/Post, and didn't like it because post shave I didn't rinse it off so for the rest of that hot day I had a film of the product and I couldn't wait to rinse it off when I got home.

Recently I have been using Proraso Pre as a post shave this way:

1. Cold water rinse
2. Alum block or witch hazel
3. Apply Proraso Pre and worked into the skin and leave for a minute
4. Rinse well with cold water and pat face dry
5. Use aftershave/balm/moisturizer...etc.

Afterwards my face feels great. Here is the current label:

Attachments

• $Proraso Pre.jpg
    $Proraso Pre.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,066
Last edited:
I use the Proraso Pre-shave cream that you show and you can also use it for a post shave as well however, I use the Proraso after-shave balm which contains aloe and vitamin E and comes in a glass bottle. It makes the skin feel really good. If what you are doing works well for you then stick with it. Since I shave after my shower at night the balm is left on the face and really helps the skin feel soft. I put on my aftershave in the morning.

I tried this today and WOW! It totally worked. Made my face feel nice and fresh and clean, then I hit it with the aftershave. Would have never thought to try this without your post. Thanks!

I'm glad you tried it. I haver never found anything that comes even close.

1. Cold water rinse

That's not too far off of my own routine, but I like to leave mine on. Simply amazing!

Interesting... I use Proraso Pre every day but usually not in my post routine. I think I'll give this a try tomorrow!

I recently started shaving with a New Standard OC. Needless to say my technique leaves my face a little bit heated. I tried your post shave method verbatim only because I was semi doing it already. I use ice water instead of cold and all I can say is wow! What a great way to finish up a shave. Very cooling, healing, and really tightens up my face. I now have a post shave routine that works well for me. Thanks for putting this out there.

I've been using Proraso Pre as a pre-shave for years and it's very good for that purpose. As a post shave I used it once years ago, when it was labeled Proraso Pre/Post, and didn't like it because post shave I didn't rinse it off so for the rest of that hot day I had a film of the product and I couldn't wait to rinse it off when I got home.

1. Cold water rinse

Can't wait to try this in the morning. Thanks for sharing.

I recently started shaving with a New Standard OC. Needless to say my technique leaves my face a little bit heated. I tried your post shave method verbatim only because I was semi doing it already. I use ice water instead of cold and all I can say is wow! What a great way to finish up a shave. Very cooling, healing, and really tightens up my face. I now have a post shave routine that works well for me. Thanks for putting this out there.

Gnarley dude! :thumbup:

My brother in law gave a jar to me. I did not have high hopes since I have tried other preshave products. I have to say this stuff is great. It provides a great cushion of protection and I have close to perfect shaves with it.

One day I forgot to put it on and wiped all the cream off my face and put it on, its that good.

I wasnt overly impressed with Proraso cream. So much in fact that I moved on the Vitos pre / post shave cream. IMHO a far better product and a little cheaper to us here in the UK. Unfortunatly the supplier I used has stopped stocking so I moved on the Lucky Tiger Vanishing cream, which I've found works as either a pre or post shave cream. A good menthol blast and leaves my skin feeling super smooth.

Top Bottom