What's new

Best place to buy Wizamets?

Then there's our leather skinned peers who feel like there's zero difference in blades and that we are all falling for 'hype' of Iridium blades, even tho after almost 10 years of wet Shaving i know for the fact FOR MY SKIN the Iridium blades just feel…

I’m a relative newbie so I’m still trying to figure out which type of blades work best for me. It’s a fun journey!

I’m a relative newbie so I’m still trying to figure out which type of blades work best for me. It’s a fun journey!
Definitely kind of have to experience the journey yourself. For example many people like Astra SS but I have never had a comfortable shave with them, have tried different tucks. Just doesn't suit me but I am sure they work great for others

Definitely kind of have to experience the journey yourself. For example many people like Astra SS but I have never had a comfortable shave with them, have tried different tucks. Just doesn't suit me but I am sure they work great for others
The only blade that gave me trouble was a Derby Extra. One particular blade was defective because it cut me on the very first stroke. At first I thought it was me and then I cut myself again on the second stroke. I tossed that blade and replaced it with another. The rest of the shave was totally fine. In retrospect I should have saved that blade and sent it back for analysis.

Ordered from superiridium on the 9th. Received my shipment from Spain today. Not bad at all. I was prepared to wait longer. Their website said they went into a 15 day pause on shipping due to covid proto. Not sure if it's the business or the Spanish mail system. I am happy mine went through before the restrictions. Very pleased.

My Dec 7th Super Iridium order has landed in Canada and being processed in Montreal. Hopefully should have it in a few days. I was prepared to wait till January but this is a great surprise

I would say that Platinums and Wizamets are sharper then both Nacet and Astra but not as sharp as a Feather, and in terms of smoothness they are just a step below Voskhods but are still smoother then Nacets and Astra. Nacets can still hang with the Platinums and Wizamets its just at this point (to me) they are in third place in all aspects.

My ranking from sharpest to least: Nacet > Astra SP > Gillette Platinum > Wizamet > Astra SS (it has been years, so I'd probably have to revisit)

Smoothest from most to least: Astra SP > Wizamet > Nacet (maybe slightly less due to tiny prickly sensation sometimes) = Gillette Platinum = Astra SS (samey or slightly worse as I think it sometimes had scratchiness)

I must add the above ranking is my personal ranking when it comes to the combination of sharpness and smoothness. If I was ranking just only Sharpness then Feathers would be on the list (but i don't find them that smooth) likewise if I had a ranking of only smoothness then Voskhods would be on the list as well (but they aren't sharp at all)
Wow! I don't know how Vokshods get the nod for smoothness! I've yet to put one in my razor(Parker 91R), only to pull it after a couple of strokes on my face. I tried to like them-just not for me. I have used VDH blades that are smoother than Vokshods. My Parker razor will not see another Vokshod! Feathers are sharp, smooth on the 1st shave, just to disappoint me 2 shaves later, and have to bin that blade too..Tried a tuck of Parker Platinums. Couple blades in, quite the surprise for smoothness, closeness, though very audible. Could very well be my everyday blade. Will finish the tuck to be sure...

Wow! I don't know how Vokshods get the nod for smoothness! I've yet to put one in my razor(Parker 91R), only to pull it after a couple of strokes on my face. I tried to like them-just not for me. I have used VDH blades that are smoother than Vokshods. My Parker razor will not see another Vokshod! Feathers are sharp, smooth on the 1st shave, just to disappoint me 2 shaves later, and have to bin that blade too..Tried a tuck of Parker Platinums. Couple blades in, quite the surprise for smoothness, closeness, though very audible. Could very well be my everyday blade. Will finish the tuck to be sure...
Earlier today I shaved my head and throat with a fresh Voskhod today and I felt absolutely no burn with the Alum block. The shave was ridiculously smooth. If I get another close shave like this I will not use these blades again because I actually enjoy the burning sensation from the alum block! 😜

Anyone order from Wizashave recently? I ordered some blades over 2 weeks ago with not a peep from them and no response to an email I sent them asking about it.

I was emailing Simo a couple of weeks back about a shipment that went MIA. He is pretty good about getting back in touch, but it generally took a day or two to get a response.

Well he got back but said they aren't shipping because of Covid and lockdowns. They might ship next week. Strange.
COVID is messing with everything. I got into a fender bender and it took over 2 months for the shop to get a new fender. I ordered new appliances for my house from Home Depot and it took 10 weeks. I ordered some Shaw viny plank flooring in Rainforest Acacia for my house in November and it is supposed to arrive in April. It is what it is.

COVID is messing with everything. I got into a fender bender and it took over 2 months for the shop to get a new fender. I ordered new appliances for my house from Home Depot and it took 10 weeks. I ordered some Shaw viny plank flooring in Rainforest Acacia for my house in November and it is supposed to arrive in April. It is what it is.
Amazing isn't it. I will have some blades I ordered this weekend from the UK before something ordered from NY.

My shave today was a left side vs right side shave comparing the Super Iridium with Rapira Lux. My razor was a Pre War Ft Handle Gillette Tech, and Shannons Soaps Amber Oud. The Iridium shave was close & irritation-free, but so was the Lux. In fact, the Lux was a smoother shave.
To me, the Super Iridium is more hype than actual great shave and isn't worth the extra expense and limited availability.

My shave today was a left side vs right side shave comparing the Super Iridium with Rapira Lux. My razor was a Pre War Ft Handle Gillette Tech, and Shannons Soaps Amber Oud. The Iridium shave was close & irritation-free, but so was the Lux. In fact, the Lux was a smoother shave.
To me, the Super Iridium is more hype than actual great shave and isn't worth the extra expense and limited availability.
Razor blades are so YMMV. There will never be a complete agreement among shavers over which blade is best. Only you can determine the best blade for you. That said I had a fabulous BBS shave with a Wizamet SI in a Winning razor this morning. Absolutely no feedback with my aftershave.

Top Bottom