What's new

Best place to buy Wizamets?

Are the wizashave ones sent from morrocco or usa?
Also I'm guessing the super iridium site are shipped from spain.?
Can anyone clarify. Seems the superiridium site has the better deal.

Just ordered 250 from superiridium. Got a shipping confirmation about a hour later. I think it was about 8pm over there. Those guys seem to be on it.

Mine were shipped from Morocco, but I'm outside the US.

They were shipped on 10 November and the tracking number seems invalid. No sign of them yet. I know that global supply chains are in disarray, but I am losing hope that these will actually show up...

I might have to order some from superiridium, as they ship from Spain, and hope that those get through.

Are the wizashave ones sent from morrocco or usa?
Also I'm guessing the super iridium site are shipped from spain.?
Can anyone clarify. Seems the superiridium site has the better deal.
I think they send from different parts of the world depending on the destination. Mine was sent from Morocco, but they said that they were planning to start shipping from Germany for the European marked.

Had first head shave with a wizzy, took off four days growth no problem no irritation super smooth. Just ordered 250 more but from superiridium.com as it was cheaper then wizashave
I received my first order of 250. I’ll be shaving with these blades for the first time later this morning. I’m really looking forward to it!

It's some kind of affliction we're suffering from! LOL.
To be fair to us we have no idea if Wizamets will go out of production soon or not. If you search for Polsilver threads on here there's threads from 2019 where many gentlemen on here were mocking the fact that people believed Polsilvers were disappearing and how its all a marketing scheme. Well lo and behold its damn near impossible to find Polsilvers. Then there's our leather skinned peers who feel like there's zero difference in blades and that we are all falling for 'hype' of Iridium blades, even tho after almost 10 years of wet Shaving i know for the fact FOR MY SKIN the Iridium blades just feel the best

even tho after almost 10 years of wet Shaving i know for the fact FOR MY SKIN the Iridium blades just feel the best
Sorry to side track this thread, but do you by chance ever use any of the Personna blades? Would you consider them about the same sharpness, if not smoothness? Do you consider these a smoother version of Gillette Platinums maybe?

To be fair to us we have no idea if Wizamets will go out of production soon or not. If you search for Polsilver threads on here there's threads from 2019 where many gentlemen on here were mocking the fact that people believed Polsilvers were disappearing and how its all a marketing scheme. Well lo and behold its damn near impossible to find Polsilvers. Then there's our leather skinned peers who feel like there's zero difference in blades and that we are all falling for 'hype' of Iridium blades, even tho after almost 10 years of wet Shaving i know for the fact FOR MY SKIN the Iridium blades just feel the best
That's a great point! A couple of months ago I traded for two tucks of Polsilvers. I used one blade so I have nine of those left. I doubt I'll acquire anymore of them so I'll keep those for special occasions.

Sorry to side track this thread, but do you by chance ever use any of the Personna blades? Would you consider them about the same sharpness, if not smoothness? Do you consider these a smoother version of Gillette Platinums maybe?
InShot_20211210_215633704.jpg

I have these. I have about 14 left out of the 100 pack. Great blades but I would put both Wizamet and Gillette Platinums above them in terms of both sharpness and smoothness. Still a great blade that would fall just at the 5 spot of my top 5 (Both Iridiums, Gillette Platinum and Gillette Nacet placing above them). Astra SP would be 6th below these Personnas

I must add the above ranking is my personal ranking when it comes to the combination of sharpness and smoothness. If I was ranking just only Sharpness then Feathers would be on the list (but i don't find them that smooth) likewise if I had a ranking of only smoothness then Voskhods would be on the list as well (but they aren't sharp at all)

I must add the above ranking is my personal ranking when it comes to the combination of sharpness and smoothness. If I was ranking just only Sharpness then Feathers would be on the list (but i don't find them that smooth) likewise if I had a ranking of only smoothness then Voskhods would be on the list as well (but they aren't sharp at all)
Thank you for entertaining my derail. Would you agree both the Platinums and Wizis are somewhere between a Nacet and an Astra for sharpness? For smoothness, it sounds like Wizis are second only to Voskhods and slightly ahead of Platinums for you?

Thank you for entertaining my derail. Would you agree both the Platinums and Wizis are somewhere between a Nacet and an Astra for sharpness? For smoothness, it sounds like Wizis are second only to Voskhods and slightly ahead of Platinums for you?
I would say that Platinums and Wizamets are sharper then both Nacet and Astra but not as sharp as a Feather, and in terms of smoothness they are just a step below Voskhods but are still smoother then Nacets and Astra. Nacets can still hang with the Platinums and Wizamets its just at this point (to me) they are in third place in all aspects.

Top Bottom