What's new

Best Pinball Machine

I can still hear the machine scream “Eight Ball Deluxe” if I close my eyes and think of it.

It was at my favorite local restaurant growing up (Angilos Pizza in Cynthiana, KY - home of the “stromboli” which was really a meat hoagie with cheese, pizza sauce, and pickles).

View attachment 1120833

Wrong game. That was Eight Ball Delux , released about 5 years after Eight Ball.

This is the one in out basement:
proxy.php

Definitely showing my age here; most of my favorite pinball machines are from the pinball heydey of the early-mid 90s. I have several that come to mind: The Twilight Zone, Bride of Pinbot, NBA Fastbreak, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, and several others, but perhaps my absolute favorite in terms of both playability and aesthetic is Williams' Monster Bash:
monster bash 3.jpg

monster bash 2.gif

Monster Bash 1.jpg

Also, shout out to the unconventional, but delightful Slugfest by Williams. It was a blast to play and it spit out mediocre baseball cards for high scores. My 10-year-old self would beeline to this machine every time I went to the arcade.
slugfest.jpg

Definitely showing my age here; most of my favorite pinball machines are from the pinball heydey of the early-mid 90s. I have several that come to mind: The Twilight Zone, Bride of Pinbot, NBA Fastbreak, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, and several others, but perhaps my absolute favorite in terms of both playability and aesthetic is Williams' Monster Bash:
View attachment 1127982
View attachment 1127984
View attachment 1127983

Also, shout out to the unconventional, but delightful Slugfest by Williams. It was a blast to play and it spit out mediocre baseball cards for high scores. My 10-year-old self would beeline to this machine every time I went to the arcade.
View attachment 1127987
that Williams Monster Bash looks like one I'd enjoy. Unfortunately, by the time the 90's rolled around I was married with children and pinball was a thing of the past. Maybe when we finally get around to getting the basement finished that will be part of the decor.

Top Bottom