What's new

Best performance/value cream?

Just completed a great shave with this 250g monster of a cream bought recently in Spain for less than 4 Euro (under $5). Great slickness, soft inoffensive scent, thick lather, wide aperture for cream to be dispensed, protective plastic tubing - what a bargain! Not sure why I also bought some very pricey others!
IMG_1907 2.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Erasmic, which cost me £1, performed about as well as some Salters, Taylors, Trumpers, and Truefitt samples I bought.

I bought a selection of Russian shaving creams a few years ago for about £10 delivered. Some of them were brilliant performers, most notably one called Everest which I'd love to get hold of again but can't find anywhere. On the other hand some were very average, and I'm pretty sure at least one was a brushless cream, but at that price I can't complain.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
My preference would be for either Nivea Sensitive Cream or the regular Blue tube Nivea Cream.

We live in the golden age of wet shaving, with so many excellent product choices at many price points. My excellent performing, but easy on the wallet shave creams were:

Palmolive
Nivea Mild (blue tube)
Nivea Sensitive (white tube)
Speick

Then I played with a variety of creams and had to add:

Barbon (Hungary)
Figaro (Hungary)
Super-Max Ultimate (Bulgaria)
Kapo (Karo) (Bulgaria)

And finally, even though I'm in my 11th year of wet shaving, I finally tried La Toja shave cream this a few weeks ago. Marco is right when he says that it's wonderful performer.

Honorable mentions are:

Maca Root
Proraso Blue & Green
Godrej

Proraso creams are great value/performance propositions. My favorite is the green. I find it a touch better than the others performance wise.

Ok. Called out on my error. Creams? TOBS would be my #1. As much as I enjoy it creams just seem to disappear more quickly for me. I always have a tub of either sandlewood or cedar wood handy and like them when I’m traveling on biz because I don’t have to spend as much time building a lather

Arko works surprisingly well, leaving my face soft. It rinses clean and don't produce alot of soap scum, also. It isn't as soap-heavy as some other shaving creams, having quite a bit of SLS as a lathering agent. A small amount with a synthetic brush explodes into lather quickly.

Top Bottom