What's new

Best Non-TTO Long Handle Razor?

I have a TTO long handle...as well as several “regular” (i.e. short) 2 and 3-piece razors 🪒 🪒 ...Spring Cleaning forthcoming!
I just need a long 2 or 3-piece to complete my collection...well, at least for the time being😉
Thank you!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Want to know how many centimeters of the handle is "long" for you?

Your best bet are lady designed razors which are longer as mens.
but 12-13cm is extreme.
I would seriously search for a Custom handle om which zo Mount a nice head. And maybe ask them to make it segmented so you can shorten it to normal length.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Correct, 100mm is 4".

The Blackland Blackbird is a true World Class razor.

@Hannah's Dad is a proponent of the 101mm handle on the Blackbird. Perhaps we can ask Dan to provide his comments? :)
The 101mm handled Blackbird is simply brilliant. A pure joy to wield — secure, comfortable and helps keep the Bird at its best beard-busting angle. I am hoping Shane makes the Ti with the 101mm handle. Pretty please, Shane?

No wait. They have machined but not polished...Does it make a difference?
Also, I’m new at this. I’m I going to tear up my face with this razor 🪒 :yikes:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
No wait. They have machined but not polished...Does it make a difference?
Also, I’m new at this. I’m I going to tear up my face with this razor 🪒 :yikes:

My advice: Get the machined with the SB plate & 101mm handle. Use a steep (handle closer to parallel to your face) angle. Let the razor do the work using little to no pressure. Go with two WTG passes until you get the feel of the Blackbird. Be patient and take your time.

You'll be fine. :cool:

Just my opinion. :)

Thanks. I'll consider it...maybe after I get a few more shaves under my belt 😉

I have a Rockwell 6C on the way. Maybe if I like it, I can look for a 100mm handle 🤷🏻‍♂️

I am a fan of the long handle as well. Karve is an excellent long handle razor. Timeless (which I used this morning) has some excellent 100mm handles, however I have an 85mm and it's perfect for my hands.

Top Bottom