What's new

Best Non-Sticky Hair Gel for Thick Hair

Hey everyone, I’m looking for recommendations for a non-sticky hair gel that is suitable with thick hair. I have acne-prone skin so I’m trying to find a good gel that won’t cause forehead breakouts. I also want the gel to be strong enough to style my hair, at least the front, upwards and remain that way for most of the day. I know this is probably tricky as I’m not looking for something that is sticky. Thanks!

Getting your hair to go upwards without being sticky at all could be difficulty because it usually requires a heavier paste. Gel's and mousses can produce some lift but I wouldn't count on them holding your hair vertically very well.

Pinaud's is an excellent hair gel if you appreciate the scent, but it produces a softer hold. It's good for typical men's hairstyles.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
157385210985431845940745322893.jpg

Good stuff.

Does it have to be gel or are you open to other products? Sebastian Craft Clay or Microweb Fiber give me good hold while maintaining a natural feel to my hair, rather than the crispy feel of a gel.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Does it have to be gel or are you open to other products? Sebastian Craft Clay or Microweb Fiber give me good hold while maintaining a natural feel to my hair, rather than the crispy feel of a gel.
You have the best username!

I'm not sure if it's still available, but Paul Mitchell makes a styling WAX that is awesome if you put it on wet hair, let it dry, then run your fingers through it. Rewet as needed.

AND: my scalp NEVER breaks out from it.

Top Bottom