What's new

Best non-alcoholic beer?

I stopped drinking about a year ago for health reasons. And I dont miss it one bit. Best decision I ever made. But I confess I always enjoyed a cold beer on a hot day. I recently started experimenting with some of the non-alcoholic beers. Years ago the non alcoholic beers were horrible. I have been impressed with some of the recent recent products on the market. I discovered a couple that are really nice: Heineken and Becks. Both are 0.0% and have a wonderful taste.
Do you have a favourite non-alcoholic beer?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
No. I drink for effect. Taste is of secondary importance.

I am not knocking your decision or need to stop drinking. In deed I commend you for it. I am not a heavy drinker, however I do enjoy its relaxing effect after a stressful day.

I live in Germany and nearly every single beer has a non-alcoholic version. I am unable to feel any difference in taste between a good normal beer and its non-alcoholic counterpart.
I like the Weißbiers (I don't know what they are called in English), especially the Andechs Weißbier Hell. So I like the Andechs Weißbier alkoholfrei.

I have tried only a few, but recently tried heineken 0.0
I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Keep an eye out for Clausthaler. That's a German brewery (or, at least, a brand) that's non-alcoholic. Of the NA beers I've tried, it's a pretty good one.

As mentioned, there are so many German NA beers that are quite good. It can be done!

We have a few skids of some at work. Heineken, Becks, Budweiser, Coors and a couple others. I don't touch it myself, but if it helps, the Heineken sells quite a bit, but the others sit around mostly until the skids are ready to be removed for newer stock. .... On a slightly different note, I tried the no name beer last weekend, and all I can say about it .... it's beer. Kind of reminds me of a slightly flat Molson Canadian.
proxy.php

You'll enjoy Clausthaler if you like the Heinekin NA. O'Doul's Amber isn't bad in a pinch, or even O'Doul's for that matter, but I'm sure you've already tried those. If you can get to a BevMo or a Total Wine store, check out Erdinger. It's a wheat beer NA that's decent. If you can find them, I've heard Nanny State, Weihenstphaner, and Franziskaner all make good NAs, though I've never been able to find them myself.

I used to enjoy sipping whiskey as well before I quit drinking. I've recently found Kombucha on the rocks with a splash of ACV to be a nice replacement for that. Doesn't taste the same by any means, but it fills the void a bit.

And congrats on the successful cessation. Going on 7 years myself.

I've tried several and IMO the two best are Heineken and Becks. And between those two I give Becks a slight edge. And that preference is a taste preference. They are both excellent brews.

As for going dry -- after drinking socially for most of my life I came to the realization that alcohol is an illusion. And I've seen the destruction that drinking can bring. You think it makes things better, but indeed it doesnt. And not drinking just feels better, so I walked in a different direction. But that's just me. I realize for 99% of the world alcohol is part of daily life. I guess it's like shaving ...YMMV.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve only had O’Doul‘s. I would not put that on any “best” list.

Is there anyway to make your own I wonder?

Never heard anyone say heineken or becks beer has a wonderful taste. Much less being non alcoholic.

To each his own.

I stopped drinking about a year ago for health reasons. And I dont miss it one bit. Best decision I ever made. But I confess I always enjoyed a cold beer on a hot day. I recently started experimenting with some of the non-alcoholic beers. Years ago the non alcoholic beers were horrible. I have been impressed with some of the recent recent products on the market. I discovered a couple that are really nice: Heineken and Becks. Both are 0.0% and have a wonderful taste.
Do you have a favourite non-alcoholic beer?

An alcoholic friend introduced me to Kaliber.
It's made by Guinness.
On a hot Summer day, I might prefer a cold one of those
to a lemonade, if somebody else is paying.

I'm a lifelong teetotaler, never had anything alcoholic in my life, unless you count the canned grapefruit that fermented one year. Wasn't very good.

That having been said, I love root beer. Some of the best I've ever had have come from microbreweries. One of my favorites is Goose Island root beer, made at their brewpub on Fulton St. in Chicago.

If I recall, only had O'douls, Heineken, Old Milwaukee, maybe a couple others. Of all those, Heinekin, but it's no dream either.

Top Bottom