What's new

Best New Safety Razors under $20

RR SLOC , Baili BR171 or Dorco PL602 has my vote. If you can, get a used Gillette Tech that’s your absolute best bet.

Can't agree more! For < $20, one can easily acquire an amazing vintage Gillette Tech (Pre-war or Post-war) in very respectable condition that will far outperform and outlast any current production $20 razor and even ones costing a whole lot more!

I'd have to say the EJ 89 for $18 One heck-uv-a good price on a great razor.

That's amazing. However did you check out the shipping cost on that site? $32 was the cheapest option presented to me. Makes the price 50 bucks.

Got a Weishi Gunmetal for $15 that was my 1st DE, and still use it.

Nothing beats my Ming Shi 2000S for $7. Have never gotten less than a DFS shave with it.

I just posted about someone on the Bay selling DE89's for less than $20 & free shipping.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
That's amazing. However did you check out the shipping cost on that site? $32 was the cheapest option presented to me. Makes the price 50 bucks.

Something strange going on there I think. I went to the Schone site and when you hit shop it dumps you to Alrossa. Today when I did that, I found no Schone razors, but spied this EJ at an excellent price. They do offer free shipping with a $30 dollar purchase, but $32 for one item like a razor is crazy. Are you in the U.S.?

Something strange going on there I think. I went to the Schone site and when you hit shop it dumps you to Alrossa. Today when I did that, I found no Schone razors, but spied this EJ at an excellent price. They do offer free shipping with a $30 dollar purchase, but $32 for one item like a razor is crazy. Are you in the U.S.?

Yes I'm in the USA. I did notice the $30 free shipping too. Which made the 32 buck shipping all the more ridiculous. But that's what it was. They offered 3 types of shipping with the 32 dollar being the cheapest.

Just out of curiosity I looked in Amazon and that razor is $36 there with free shipping.

Something strange going on there I think...
Alrossa used to sell the Schone OC razor on their own site for $20 as well as on Amazon for $22. It seems they discontinued the Schonne on their site but still have some remaining stock on Amazon.

I have not seen anyone else selling new DE89s at that low price. Alrossa has many more expensive ones with fancier handles. Perhaps this is something to take the place of the Schonne they used to sell.

Do a search on E-Bay for Vintage Gillette Tech Razors & set the option to search lowest price including shipping - there are a bunch of nice Techs for $20 or less.

cgr86 said:
RR SLOC , Baili BR171 or Dorco PL602 has my vote. If you can, get a used Gillette Tech that’s your absolute best bet.
Since trying the PL602 and the Baili 171(Razorock DE1), have forgotten about all the Techs, Slims, and Super Adjustables I've tried. These two razors also cover the end tabs of the blade. Had good results with the Lord L6 and Schick Krona, but the exposed ends of the blade were a problem at times.

As always, YMMV.

If it's covered blade tabs AND a good shave you seek, check this out:

It's a Razo Rock Teck II. I did the upgrade and got the Parker blades. I'm not a fan of the suppository-end style handle, but the shave is excellent beyond the price paid. It's one of the few non-vintage razors in my rotation.

It's $18, not $24, and includes shipping.

Maggard V3A $6.99 head, with any handle.

Yintal Bronze $13 or so, same razor basically, but prettier and - my copy at least - a tad less aggressive with no loss of efficiency.

West Coast Shaving's line of razors also fit the bill for price and quality. I used theirs and the Jagger DE89 side by side and had the same experience. The handles are stainless steel, which, at this price point, is the best you can expect. They do free shipping for orders over $50: one of their razors, 100 Feathers, some soaps, and you've got a year of shaving. Take that, razor clubs.

Top Bottom