What's new

Best modern value razors $100 or less

As the post states looking for peoples views on best valued equipment.

For me has to be Razorock game changer 65 buck and even better bargain Razorock SLOC (I think is my favorite)

All suggestions welcome

I agree with Razorock being great. I really like the .84 Gamechanger.

Lots of other nice ones, though.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Razorock CNC stainless razors: both of the Game Changers, along with the Mamba and Mamba .70. These razors have the precision, fit, materials and build quality of razors costing three or four times their price. Sixty-five bucks for well designed, CNC machined 316L is amazing. It tells you something about the markup on similar razors from the various boutique makers.

My favorite razor to date is the $17 Razorock SLOC. Just works for my sloppy razor habits. Maybe when I get better technique something will beat it out.

I could be wrong, but as I recall both the Karve with an F plate and the Blackland Dart are sub-$100. I use both frequently, and find them both to be great razors...

Best value under $100?

Out of what I've owned or tried it has to be the Fatip Piccolo.

Value being the highest quality for the least amount of money. For $20 you get all plated brass components. You could spend 3 times that and still get plated zamak pot metal.

Best value under $100?

Out of what I've owned or tried it has to be the Fatip Piccolo.

Value being the highest quality for the least amount of money. For $20 you get all plated brass components. You could spend 3 times that and still get plated zamak pot metal.

I'll 2nd and 3rd that anyday! Unbeatable value but also finicky alignment lol.

Karve is next followed by the GC84 if you into aggressive razors and special mention for the viking adjustable emperor at ard $55.

Cheers,

Mawashu

I've not owned or used a fatip. Mainly because I prefer mild razors. But I do own the razorock mamba. Karve, and Rockwell S1. All 3 were 100 or less. The mamba was a lot less. All 3 are terrific values and will last indefinitely. So much so I'm not sure why anyone would bother with the modern razors in the $30 to $80 range that incorporate zamak in their construction.

Muhle R41. Nothing comes close. But part of the $100 will be an upgraded handle. Here's my R41 with a Wolfman Guerrilla handle which I picked up cheap on the BST. Top cap is a Yintal Bronze. I just bought the R41 head.

R41+Wolfman.jpg

I think this is a question you'll get 100 different answers to!

Personally I've been pleasantly surprised with the WCS Titanium razor I picked up. I went for the 175M handle, and it's solidly built and heavy. I want to get an open comb head for it as well, and I'd definitely try the other 2 handle styles in the future.

I've not owned or used a fatip. Mainly because I prefer mild razors. But I do own the razorock mamba. Karve, and Rockwell S1. All 3 were 100 or less. The mamba was a lot less. All 3 are terrific values and will last indefinitely. So much so I'm not sure why anyone would bother with the modern razors in the $30 to $80 range that incorporate zamak in their construction.

Because the head geometry is what makes or breaks the shave not the materials in the construction.

If I go through 4 $1 store specials a year not including tax. If that $80 razor doesn't hold up for 20 years then those dollar store specials were the better value from a $ standpoint. Following that logic then a $100 razor has to last at least 25 years, $200 razor 50 years, $300 razor 75 years or else the $1 store special is best value assuming you they fail at no more than that rate a year regardless of how often you shave.

If you follow that logic even further than the best value razors from $ standpoint new should be about $40 or less assuming they should last at least 10 years.

Top Bottom