What's new

Best Modern SE Razor?

Thinking about adding a SE razor to my collection. Leaning towards a Oneblade Hybrid but was wondering what everyone's opinion is? Oneblade (which model?), Supply Company, Occam's single edged, Other?

Colonial razors has the General V2 heads in stock right now. $115 and I’ve shaved with nothing better.

Also heard many great things about the vector and it’s beautiful.

The only one I have tried is the Supply, and I like it.

12aW6JtfvUdcdO.gif

Colonial General V2.
This one is polished and put on a first generation Rockwell stainless handle.

1112C15D-4832-40C8-BE63-2F6FD48B3F83.jpeg
E8FAFC65-FF23-4F58-8238-DFD17E715E8A.jpeg
I still have a few more rounds of polishing to go on the head, but this is a great combination.

D

dangerousrazor

I will echo a couple of opinions above. Blackland Sabre and Colonial General V2

If you are used to de or very efficient razors I would lean towards a fixed head se razor.

OTOH if you like mild and easy tilting head razors do shave comfy and if you can return a test drive easily the one blades are nice well thought out razors.
Focus Dynamic, leaf, Broman are more felxible in blade choice.

Have funn

Good suggestions above. I had a OneBlade, and gave it away, just so you know how I roll. It gave me a close enough shave only if I applied extreme pressure, like I used to with a multi-blade cartridge razor years ago. Not my thing.

I also had a Supply, a very nice razor, but I donated it to the Sue Auction a few years ago. I like my vintage Schick E2 better.

Among my modern SE razors, I enjoy the Asylum RX, ATT SE2, Colonial General, Vector and Sabre L2 (although the Sabre can't deliver a shave that's as close and long-lasting as the others).

I will put in a vote for the One Blade Core. For $20 it is hard to go wrong. There is basically no learning curve and it is a good razor to have when you are in a hurry as it is pretty much foolproof. I use mine to clean up after a straight razor shave and to do the back of my neck unless I am going to use my Valet Auto Strop. They both use the same Feather blades!

It is also good for travel.

I will put in a vote for the One Blade Core. For $20 it is hard to go wrong. There is basically no learning curve and it is a good razor to have when you are in a hurry as it is pretty much foolproof. I use mine to clean up after a straight razor shave and to do the back of my neck unless I am going to use my Valet Auto Strop. They both use the same Feather blades!

It is also good for travel.
The I idiot proof shave of the core is definitely the reason for me to keep it.
Also works well when you did cut yourself with some more serious razor.
I also use it for holidays but all ways anxious to lose the not so easy to replace blades. Ok and you need more of them.

That proprietary blade is still the weak point (ergonomic wise its strong)
The reason i love the broman. Uses cheap half de blades. Lots of freedom and it is not that picky either

Or put it in perspective I get the same comfy but A closer shave of 1 bic in a broman as with 5-6 feather fhs in a core. But you can nick yourself with a broman it is closer to a genesis in this respect the reason to keep it anyhow.

Top Bottom