What's new

Best Modern Open Comb

So hey OP, buy these 19 razors we all recommended and let us know what you think yeah?

Tempting...
Looking for a flat bottom OC.
It will have to wait a bit; three birthdays in the next five weeks and my granddaughter’s was last week.
How’s that for family planning?
I kind of have a thing for brassy OC razors. It sure didn’t start out that way.

:innocent:

Tempting...
Looking for a flat bottom OC.
It will have to wait a bit; three birthdays in the next five weeks and my granddaughter’s was last week.
How’s that for family planning?
I kind of have a thing for brassy OC razors. It sure didn’t start out that way.

:innocent:

You are suffering from BAD (Brass Acquisition Disorder). It can be painful and expensive but there is a cure.
Put a hammer through your laptop and throw it out the window, then log out of all shaving forums.

PS I am not nor have I ever been a member of the medical profession.

You are suffering from BAD (Brass Acquisition Disorder). It can be painful and expensive but there is a cure.
Put a hammer through your laptop and throw it out the window, then log out of all shaving forums.

PS I am not nor have I ever been a member of the medical profession.
Now that’s wisdom!
There is an eight pound micro-adjustment tool in the garage.
Just when I was going to update Microsoft Office too!

Now that’s wisdom!
There is an eight pound micro-adjustment tool in the garage.
Just when I was going to update Microsoft Office too!

Eight pound micro adjustment tool? Precision instrument eh? That should do nicely Sir.
Alternatively keep buying more brass and live the pain. :thumbup:

I can't think of a better LOOKING open comb design than the Timeless. I've not seen anything like it.
1589375278149.png

Just throwing Yaqi out there as a very inexpensive source for an open comb razor if you are looking to try it out for ~ $10 out of pocket, there are even finish/color choice options for little risk. Its had decent reviews here on B&B as well.

My 2 favorites are RazoRock's Game Changer 0.68 open comb (close, comfortable, friendly, no muss) and RazoRock's SLOC (Zamak, but also shaves very closely while also being friendly). Both are relatively affordable; the Yaqi is the same head as the SLOC iirc. I haven't tried a high end modern open comb besides an old ATT S1/S2 - a little too aggressive for me (can bite if I'm not mindful, but a great shaver nonetheless).

Since we don't have a price range, I'll wing it. :)

Offering recommendations for razors that I own and have used that cost less than ~$100:

Fatip Lo Sorto Originale Slant.
Fatip Grande V2
Schöne
Karve Brass OC-B & OC-C
Ikon B1 OC
RazoRock GC .84-OC

There are others plus razors that cost more than the arbitrary ~$100 mark I used.

YMMV :)

Hi ! Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I am looking for a new OC razor and I am debating between the 3 razors I put in bold in your list. Since you have tried them all, what would you say is the best pick out of the 3 ? I might have a preference for the bottom 2 that are stainless steel also which is nice.

Any opinions from other users with experience with these razors also ?

I just need some suggestions/experience to make my final pick :001_smile !

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hi ! Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I am looking for a new OC razor and I am debating between the 3 razors I put in bold in your list. Since you have tried them all, what would you say is the best pick out of the 3 ? I might have a preference for the bottom 2 that are stainless steel also which is nice.

Any opinions from other users with experience with these razors also ?

I just need some suggestions/experience to make my final pick :001_smile !

Of the three razors you listed in bold, I use the Fatip Lo Storto Originale, using a Wizamet, Bolzano or Silver Star blade, far more than the Ikon B1 Deluxe OC or RazoRock GC84-OC.

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale (Fatip Open Comb Slant aka FOCS) is efficient, effective and ever so smooth.

The Ikon B1 Deluxe OC is a bit milder, not quite as efficient but also quite smooth.

Hope this helps. :)

looking forward to the Yates Brass OC or in stonewashed depending on when stock comes in. re: Razorock SLOC vs Yaqi, which OC model is it again? I see WCS has the Beast & Knight heads.

Top Bottom