• Gillette Fusion

• Gillette Fusion Proglide

• Gillette Fusion Proshield

• Schick Quattro

• Schick Hydro 5 Sense

• Schick Hydro 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
what the best modern cartridge razor ?
Gillette Fusion , Gillette Fusion Proglide , Gillette Fusion Proshield, Gillette Mach 3, Gillette Mach 3 Turbo, Schick Quattro, Schick Hydro 5 Sense, Schick Hydro 3
Please give your opinion and why you think he's the best...
Thank you very much !

I would add the Feather MR3 Neo to that list, one of the best, if not, the best cartridge razors. From the listed ones, i would probably take the Mach 3 Turbo or the Schick Hydro 5, both are great, but the head of the Hydro 5 is a bit too big, which makes it a little more difficult to shave under the nose.

If I had to pick one, it would be the Gillette Good News, though I have used the Mach 3 for many years. It would probably be a close second.

Hydro 5 for me. It feels smoother than any of Gillette's offerings, and the gel strip can be flipped out of the way. Plus it seems to last forever. I've gotten dozens of shaves out of one because it stays smooth long after the gel disappears. It's my go-to combo with some Cremo when I'm in a hurry.

Gillette Trac II

Trac II_Arko.JPG

Interesting! I did not vote because the Mach 3 is the only option that I have tried. Frankly, I prefer the Trak 2 (not an option). Since going back to DE I seldom use a cart.

I recently bought a new cartridge razor, the first in almost 10 years. It's the Gillette ProGlide. I can honestly say I've gotten the closest, most irritation-free shave I ever got from any razor.
I've tried:
- Gillette Mach 3
- Gillette Fusion
- Schick Quattro
- Schick Hydro 5 (but not the newest)

Gillette ProGlide Pros:
- extremely close and comfortable shave
- only have to shave every other day

Cons:
- very expensive cartridges
- possibility of ingrown hairs*
*This is the main reason I switched to DE shaving

Gimmicks:
- power
- ball
- ProShield strip

Conclusion.
Am I back to being a cartridge guy after 3+ years of DE shaving? I don't know yet but I'm going to see how long this cartridge lasts and take it from there. I am at a point with the DE that I could shave every day with very little irritation but I can never get as close as with the Gillette ProGlide.
My main concern is ingrown hairs...

Top Bottom