What's new

Best Menthol/Icy Shave Soap/Cream

Hello B&B family,

I've been on the hunt for a menthol shave soap/cream. Rather than start 2 seperately threads in each category I figured I could post this here in general to keep the spam down.
Anyways, I'm looking to hear your opinions on the best (strongest) menthol shave cream/soap (not just the company and name, but why YOU think it's the BEST/STRONGEST).
I want something nice and strong, make me need a sweat and heater while I shave. Hopefully an additional scent as well (not just pure ice cold would be preferred).
Hopefully you fine folks could help me out.

EDIT:
If your suggestion has a matching aftershave splash/balm, even better!

Last edited:
The only mentholated Soaps or Creams I've tried were Proraso White (slight tingle) and Proraso Green (nice face freeze)
I personally prefer the White in winter and the Green in summer

As for aftershaves...........

Proraso Green Splash has the strongest face freeze out of any of the mentholated aftershaves I've tried

Floid Vigaroso has a nice cooling effect

Mennen Skin Bracer has a cooling effect

Aqua Velva - either Ice Blue from USA or Williams Expert from Spain - both have a nice cooling effect

However - a big game changer if the menthol isn't strong enough for you is to put a few menthol crystals in the bottle and shake well - instant face freeze !!

Go to your local Bath & Body Works, you can grab a large tube of CO Bigelow shaving cream (menthol and eucalyptus) for $10 made by Proraso.

I stumbled across this video review of Fine - Snake Bite done by Chris (A Cut Above)
He says it's a seriously cold shave.

Below is from the Fine accoutrements website

Snake Bite shaving soap contains no fragrance components beyond a heavy dose of menthol. Pair with Fine Snake Bite After Shaving Tonic for the coldest shave this side of creation.

https://youtu.be/-4irMxEBMtQ

Last edited:
Proraso green soap and the after shave would be my recommendation. Also, I have tried Stirling wintergreen shaving soap and after shave which I would also recommend.

Pre shave - Prorasso Green pre/post shave
soap - Chiseled Face Cryogen
after - Chiseled Face Cryogen Splash

You will be crying, guaranteed. Keep away from your eyes

My favorite is Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic. I've used Proraso's creams and enjoy them, but the scent was a bit light for me. MITA has nice lime scent along with a strong menthol kick that lasts long after the shave is over. I do not use menthol aftershaves when using Stirlings MITA, since that would be redundant.

My favorite is Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic. I've used Proraso's creams and enjoy them, but the scent was a bit light for me. MITA has nice lime scent along with a strong menthol kick that lasts long after the shave is over. I do not use menthol aftershaves when using Stirlings MITA, since that would be redundant.

+1
Stirling has a nice selection of menthol soaps in varying strengths.
MITA is about perfect IMO.
I have tried the Glacial series - Glacial Wintergreen soap and AS and they are really cold!
They also have a "Chill" and "Iced" series as well.
Get some samples and try them out!

Cryogen is the title holder, from what I understand. It is to menthol soaps what the Carolina Reaper is to hot peppers.

Whatever happened to Yeti Snot?

I'm personally a big fan of Everest Shaving Cream from the Russian Federation. Its super slick with a nice amount of menthol and a pleasant barbershop scent.

Proraso Green anything!

Barrister and Mann Arctique

I recently ordered Fine Snake because of the reviews of it's Menthol bang. It should be arriving today.

The coldest soap I've used so far:

Lemon Chill. By Stirling Soap Co.

follow up with the matching witch hazel and you freeze your face

Cryogen by Chisled Face (Anybody who tells you this isn't the coldest, simply hasn't tried it)
Barrister & Mann Arctique (very close to Cryogen but far more pleasantly scented)
Vostok by QCS ( not quite as cold as Cryogen, not quite as pleasantly scented as B&M)

Lea Classic Cream for a little colder than Proraso level but much better scent.

I've posted these photos before and this looks like a good thread to post them again. Cryogen soap and aftershave will make a grown man cry. Here is a picture of my container of Cryogen which is so infused with menthol that menthol crystals are growing from the soap and on the lid. Check it out.

$IMG_0081.jpg$IMG_0079.jpg

Top Bottom