What's new

Best "luxury" upper end double edge safety razors

This suggestion will require a bit of effort (and some patience) on your part, but the results will definitely yield a one-of-a-kind, "high end" razor. Get a hold of a nice vintage Gillette; I recommend a NEW, but your choice in shave characteristics and vintage style, and have it replated. Your vintage specimen needs to be in sound condition, structurally, and most solid brass vintage gillettes are. Don't worry about the plating/finish; grungy (and cheap!) is OK, it's getting stripped off and replaced. All told, you'll come in at considerably under $150, and the result will be both beautiful and functional, and an heirloom if that's your thing.
Here's my NEW

BAJA.jpg

I only own one a Plisson Joris Palladium (engraved). It weighs in at over a hundred grams, is beautiful, and the way the Fatip head on it is refined makes it more aggressive yet smooth.View attachment 772847

Agreed, the Plisson Joris exudes luxury. If you want a very nice, much less expensive version, the FaTip piccolo, made from brass, is a very nice alternative. I have them both and, although the Joris is fancier, the FaTip is very, very nice.

I own samples of most of the usual suspects when it comes to this topic.

My vote for number one is Wolfman. Absolutely the finest shaving instrument I've ever held in my hand, head and shoulders above the rest. My Wolfman WR1 standard gap SB polished on a WRH1 polished handle is my daily driver, I've mostly forgotten the other razors in my stable.

My second favorite is Above The Tie. Impeccably crafted razors. My ATT R1 on an Atlas handle is my second favorite razor.

Then the rest of my favorites in descending order:

Blackland Blackbird
Timeless
Feather

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Agreed, the Plisson Joris exudes luxury. If you want a very nice, much less expensive version, the FaTip piccolo, made from brass, is a very nice alternative. I have them both and, although the Joris is fancier, the FaTip is very, very nice.
+1 From a member of PLC (Piccolo Lover's Club)

Top Bottom