What's new

Best Linen scent and Best Rain scent shaving soaps or creams

L&L Grooming after the Rain
Linen I find latha oceana or cold river soapworks summertime to be dryer sheet smelling if that’s what you mean?

B&M Petrichor is my favorite rain-scented soap.

Those reading this today (4/1/19) or shortly after should check out Grooming Dept to see if they have either their Soap or Laundry scents available. I don't know if either of them qualify as "linen-scented."

linen scent?? how about Penhaligon's Sartorial?!
Comes in soap as well as cream, plus balm and cologne.

penhaligons sartorial muehle joris january 12 2018.jpg

B&M Pertichor is a earthy ground after a rain storm. Southern Witchcrafts have a few scents that qualify for this earthy rain category plus their soap base is top notch IMO.

SV Felce Aromatica smells like fresh linen to my nose and would perhaps be my #1 pick when it comes to linen scents.

Black Ship Grooming - James Moody smells like a clean white shirt (to me). Not sure that's what they were going for, but I like it. Also Chisled Face has the Summer Storm and it's kind of a rainy ozone-y scent. That's all I've tried personally that fits the bill. Trythatsoap.com is a good resource for finding soaps with common scents.

Black Ship Grooming - James Moody smells like a clean white shirt (to me). Not sure that's what they were going for, but I like it. Also Chisled Face has the Summer Storm and it's kind of a rainy ozone-y scent. That's all I've tried personally that fits the bill. Trythatsoap.com is a good resource for finding soaps with common scents.

I'll have to check out that BSG James Moody. I love the smell of fresh linen. Also, I remember meeting the actual James Moody. After talking music for a while, he asked my buddy and me if we believed in aliens and flying saucers, then talked our ears off about aliens for the next 30 minutes!

I'll have to check out that BSG James Moody. I love the smell of fresh linen. Also, I remember meeting the actual James Moody. After talking music for a while, he asked my buddy and me if we believed in aliens and flying saucers, then talked our ears off about aliens for the next 30 minutes!

Sounds like an interesting conversation! I've been quite pleased with the performance of the two BSG soaps I have. Thomas Tew is the other one and is on the citrus spectrum.

the La Toja soap stick has a reaaaalllly nice fresh soapy laundry type smell. the matching La Toja aftershave splash is very enjoyable also, although the splash is a bit less on the linen, more of a manly clean classy classic vibe...they still go perfectly together.

not exactly rain, but Proraso - Cypress & Vetiver / both shave cream and after balm have a grassy, earthy, wet dewy field on a brisk cloudy day kinda scent

Last edited:
Stone Cottage's Rain Fields is pretty nice, too. Not heavy, but you can pick up that after-the-rain kind of clean scent in it.

Top Bottom