What's new

Best Lavender Soap?

So my last puck of Williams is in use, soon to be gone. I'm interested in finding the best lavender-scented shave soap puck that lathers beautifully and smells of natural lavender (or at least the closest possible approximation of it). Suggestions?

The Wet Shaving Products- WSP True Lavender Formula T is in my rotation; simple straight-forward lavender scent, not overly strong but definitely there; it lathers quite nicely with a good post-shave feel. The Formula T is WSP's tallow soap; I'm sure you can search WSP and get plenty of feedback on the soap base. They also make a vegan version of lavender, called Rustic, but I haven't tried that soap base yet.

I have a enjoyed a lot of lavender soaps. Mike's is superb. So is Jeff's Lavender from Mystic Waters. But my current favorite is Grooming Dept's Lavender. It has an assertive, straightforward, pure lavender scent. The performance is as good as it gets, imo. It's currently available from The Razor Company.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been recently looking at Lavender soaps because Razorock dropped off their Lavender soap for now. It was a great soap and have used up 2 tubs up and only have 1 left in the freezer.
I bought some Lavada cream by Ach Brito and tried some this morning and has a mild scent but the Lavada cologne aftershave makes it all good if you like a different lavender scent. Buy both cream and AfterShave to enjoy the Lavada line IMO.
If you can find some Razorock Lavender soap in Buy-Sell-trade that has a nice masculine scent and would buy some, you can still buy the King Louis lavender at Italian barber and that is nice fragrance when dried down(very nice scent) not a loud scent. Razorock lavender takes a few shaves to zero in the greatness of the soap IMO (great results).
Brush collage July 27th 2021.jpg
Sunday Schick shave July 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

As someone else pointed out, Mike's Natural Soaps Lavender is a good one. I really enjoy it myself.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I can't really opine on "best" I suppose because the only two lavender products I have used are TOBS Lavender cream and Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender.

However I will say the B&M Reserve Lavender is excellent stuff, and the line has a good reputation on this board. If you are experimenting with Lavender soaps, this should be on your list, I believe.

Review from West Coast Shaving video review here:

I looked into this a few years ago.

There's many excellent lavender based soaps here's some I tried and really enjoy

MDC Original
Fine accoutrements lavender pour homme
Barrister & mann reserve lavender
Speick active
AOS Lavender cream

I have been recently looking at Lavender soaps because Razorock dropped off their Lavender soap for now. It was a great soap and have used up 2 tubs up and only have 1 left in the freezer.
I bought some Lavada cream by Ach Brito and tried some this morning and has a mild scent but the Lavada cologne aftershave makes it all good if you like a different lavender scent. Buy both cream and AfterShave to enjoy the Lavada line IMO.

This is my favorite lavender. Speick cream is fairly similar in scent and performance, but the lanolin in Lavanda pushes it ahead for me.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is my favorite lavender. Speick cream is fairly similar in scent and performance, but the lanolin in Lavanda pushes it ahead for me.
I have a Speick stick and really enjoy it myself but it has spicy scent with some lavender, great soap and like it when its up in my soap rotation. Lavanda aftershave is more for the scent if folks like lavender scents IMO.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I agree that Ethos is fantastic. Performance is top notch, and it smells like fresh cut lavender.
View attachment 1303275
I have a sample. I am glad I never got a sample of the aftershave, as I am sure it would smell so much like heaven I'd want to depart before the lovely War Department would want me to!

(The PURE LOVE I get from her at the beginning of the month when my SSDI automatic deposit shows up, and she takes a break from dusting around my lazy carcass long enough to kiss my cheek would bring a tear to the eye of you Gents!)

I have the ETHOS and it's wonderful. So pure and fresh. I have been tempted by B&M Reserve Lavender because the reserve base is fantastic. But, with the ETHOS in the house, and the ability to crack that lid and just smell the fragrance, the temptation always subsides.

Top Bottom