What's new

Best Lavender Soap and splash

hi guys.. i am in the market for more soap and splash, yes i know i have a problem :)

for the soap, smell is important but performance more so

in your much valued opinions.. what the best lavender soap and splash out there?

i dont mind getting a matching set or two different brands.. thanks in advance

For me its B&M Reserve Lavender!! Love the scent & performance.

Another would be Declaration Grooming/ Chattilion Lux-- Champs de Lavande

If you are looking for a straight up lavender, DG/CL Pure Lavender & Mike’s Hungarian Lavender with the accompanying splashes are both good options.

For a Lavender blend, Lisa’s Natural Gentleman’s Lavender is my favorite scent and the performance is excellent. I haven’t tried the new soap base but I’ve heard it’s great. She doesn’t make a splash but does have a nice balm in the same scent. If you’d rather have a splash, the CL Champs de Lavande pairs pretty well with it.

WhollyKaw Lav Sublime is top notch in all regards but I smell more lime than lavender with it.

I reviewed a whole swath of lavender soaps in this thread: The Great Lavender Shave-Off

I really like B&M Barristers Reserve Lavender and the Declaration Grooming for the combination of performance and scent. Note that there May be a learning with the Barristers Reserve.

Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge is great smell and performance. I often like lavender and mint combos such as MdC original and Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint.

Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge is great smell and performance. I often like lavender and mint combos such as MdC original and Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint.

Oxford & Cambridge would be my choice for a combo as well. Superbly done on all counts.

Another outlier to consider is Ach Brito Agua Lavanda. I believe it is a shave cream only(never spotted other than bathing soap in bar form) and technically the splash is an edc. Yet like most of these old toilette waters it is very versatile. It is stouter scented than typical toilette waters.

I have had no luck lately finding a U.S. source for the splash. I originally bought it at Bullgoose but they only seem to have the cream and bath soap these days.I really like the scent. Definitely lavender up front but deeper. Definitely a fougere type. Old world and class. I use it as AS, body splash, and would have no problem adding it to the bath water but with modern tubs it would use a LOT of it. It is from an era when you would have 'bathed' from a wash basin on your dresser. Worth a try.

Fine Lavender Pour Homme is Fine's "take" on Oxford and Cambridge. I haven't tried the soap but love the splash.

Another vote for C&S Oxford and Cambridge, but I can't speak for the splash as I don't have it. I also love the DG/CL Champs de Lavande. Oh, also Dr. Jon's Flowers in the Dark! So good.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Lisa's Gentleman's Lavender - 20% off coupon on her website
Midnight & Two Provence
Shannon's offers 2 lavender soaps - Valley Parkway, Lavender Lemongrass
Savonnerie du bon Berger Lavender Rosemary

Here's the order I'd pick them in terms of performance.

1. Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation's - Premium Gentleman's Lavender (new premium version)
2. Declaration Grooming Chatilion Lux Collaboration - Champs de Lavande
3. Barrister & Mann Reserve - Lavender
4. Midnight & Two - Provence

WSP make a nice Formula T True Lavender soap that definitely deserves an honorable mention but it isn't as good of a performer as those listed above. Their aftershave splashes are really good and they can add menthol to any of them if you ask. A cooling lavender aftershave would certainly be nice.

While I'd likely just choose the matching aftershave if I wasn't going to match it then the Midnight & Two aftershave would likely be my top choice. It's kind or a milky balm though and not a traditional splash.

Vintage Yardley in the wooden bowl was the best lavender shaving soap I ever used. I like lavender, but there are limits to my soap acquisitions, so I've pushed lavender under the bus.

thanks for all your replies guys

unfortunately all i can get here in Oz is this combo.. Declaration Grooming - Pure Lavender / Chattilion Lux - Champs de Lavande

the review and others comments are about L&L champs de lavande.. how does the DG Pure lavender stack up to that?

to get a 142g of mikes hungarian is $45 alone so yeah a bit rich for me for just a soap

The Dr. Jon Flowers in the Dark soap and splash is tops for me as far as lavender. Very deep, masculine notes. I see it as a lavender "bite" not too floral. The splash is awesome too. This is a seasonal though, and I think is offered only in spring. Mikes Hungarian Lavender is of course awesome as well. I am looking forward to picking up the new matching splash.

I have both Lisa's Natural Creations Gentleman's Lavender and Dr Jon's Flowers on the Dark and they are amazing

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Here's the order I'd pick them in terms of performance.

1. Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation's - Premium Gentleman's Lavender (new premium version)
2. Declaration Grooming Chatilion Lux Collaboration - Champs de Lavande
3. Barrister & Mann Reserve - Lavender
4. Midnight & Two - Provence

WSP make a nice Formula T True Lavender soap that definitely deserves an honorable mention but it isn't as good of a performer as those listed above. Their aftershave splashes are really good and they can add menthol to any of them if you ask. A cooling lavender aftershave would certainly be nice.

While I'd likely just choose the matching aftershave if I wasn't going to match it then the Midnight & Two aftershave would likely be my top choice. It's kind or a milky balm though and not a traditional splash.

To me WSP is better performance then all the ones u rated above them.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
thanks for all your replies guys

..... how does the DG Pure lavender stack up to that?

Can personally affirm DG Pure Lavender is amazing, amazing stuff.

Cannot be taken from rotation ... getting a nice dent in the top finally ...

when you unscrew the lid and smell that lavender, it's a better day.

AA

Top Bottom