What's new

Best lavender scented shave soap

so many great lavender-centric shave soap choices!
requires exploring and seeing for yourself what you like best!
a few of my favorites are traditional scented MdC, DR Harris and PannaCrema.
enjoy the journey!!

lavender soaps.jpg

The B&M Reserve Lavender is based on Caldey Island Lavender, a scent that is not purely lavender. The other scents don't really make too much of an appearance in the scent and I happen to like it a lot, but it doesn't have as much of a bite as some lavender-only soaps. Ethos is a very nice straight lavender.

I will chime in with two favorites: Grooming Dept Lavender and Dr. Jon's Flowers in the Dark.

You can actually still obtain the Grooming Dept soap (Kairos base) and the scent is all natural. Scent Notes: A blend of 97% French High Elevation Lavender & French Maillette Lavender + 3% Violet Absolute, Cedarwood Absolute, Labdanum Absolute, Geranium Absolute, and Jasmine Sambac Absolute.

Flowers in the Dark has to be one of the finest scents in all of wet shaving. "Flowers in the Dark is a unique take on lavender. Soothing lavender fades to "something resembling coffin wood and ozone, a disturbingly pleasant combination."

Last edited:
Try Col. Conk’s Rio Grande Lavender - Natural Shave Cream, and matching Natural After Shave Lotion.
“This is a Bold Lavender Blend with a little less flower and a little more masculine edge to it.”

“This bold lavender scent is a little less flowery, a little more masculine and uses only essential oils. So, you get the soothing scent of lavender with an edge, like a lazy river that carves a deep canyon.”

Really nice stuff!

Attachments

• After Shave Lotion Rio Grande Lavender.jpeg
    After Shave Lotion Rio Grande Lavender.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Rio Grande Lavender.png
    Rio Grande Lavender.png
    716.2 KB · Views: 10
Wonderful, I’d love to try it. Where can I get some?

No kidding!

The soap is only available in Uruguay. From time to time a store or someone on ebay sells them. I live in Brazil, that is a bordering country from Uruguay's and even here we can't get the soap, only the cream from a site that is an equivalent from ebay. I got lucky that a friend went to Uruguay and brought me some.

Czech & Speak Oxford & Cambridge weakens my knees. It also doesn’t hurt that in terms of efficacy - the actual shave soap is about the best on the market as well.
The old formulation (the good stuff) is next to impossible to find these days.

When did they reformulate it, and is the current version markedly inferior?
Some years ago now? And yes the overwhelming consensus is that the new formula was very underwhelming. I'd say, that of all the reformulations taking place lately, none have been more extreme a drop in performance than Valobra/C&S/AoS was.

I also heard that the newer formula has done so poorly that it also has already been discontinued, but I've not personally verified this.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Any lavender soaps or creams that smell like the lavender in Johnson & Johnson baby powder?

Top Bottom