What's new

Best lavender scented shave soap

I've seen some older threads on this, but what are the best, most authentic lavender scented shave soaps currently available? Thanks

AOS Lavender (essential Oil) is excellent.

I tried Cyril salter but was not impressed

Speick shave stick is sort of lavenderesque, minty and calming. Very nice

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock Lavender (Discontinued?), after a few shaves I realized its a winner but from my understanding sales were not stellar?
Excellent lather qualities with a nice masculine scent of the wild weed or flower, Lavender should be in every ones den IMO.
SE SOTD, Tue, Nov 24th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!

The Castle Forbes one is liking shaving in a field of lavenders .. its not synthetic at all. I am about to take advantage of the Black Friday Maggards ordering to test some of these other ones from this thread.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Sir, you can try Cyril Salter new tallow shaving soap.
It is a light lavender scent, but a wonderful soap.

Taylor of Old Bon Street Lavender shaving cream would be a nice choice, too.

I love Salter's creams, but can't find a source for their hard milled soaps. Discontinued maybe? Otherwise I'd vote for AoS, or this one ..
IMG_9836.JPG

Over on r/wetshaving there is a lavender shootout in progress. If you are interested in artisan soaps, check it out. Here is the most recent review and it links to all the previous reviews. The next review will be of B&M Reserve Lavender.

I have used several different lavender soaps over the years and cannot think of one I did not like. Currently I have the new tallow Cyril Salter lavender, old tallow Art of Shaving lavender, and RazoRock Essential Oil of Lavender. I have previously used (and enjoyed) Lisa's Gentleman's Lavender, WSP Formula T True Lavender, D.R. Harris Lavender and Stirling Bergamot Lavender. To answer your question about best and most authentic, I would have to understand what is most important to you in a soap and what you mean by authentic. Several of these soaps are essential oil only fragrances, so I guess that makes them completely authentic. I know that to be true of Lisa's, RazoRock, Stirling and WSP; Cyril Salter D.R. Harris ,and Art of Shaving have fragrance oils.

I've just had a puck of Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme delivered, I'm yet to shave with it but I'm liking the scent, Lavender, peppermint and oakmoss based on Czech & Speake's Oxford & Cambridge. I'm assuming performance will be on a par with the other Fine soaps.

...Art of Shaving have fragrance oils.

Per the ingredients list, the hard soap has "fragrance" (i.e. EO and/or FO); per the packaging, it has EO.

The cream has lavender EO, per the packaging and ingredients list.

(Both hard soap and cream have linalool, limonene and geraniol, per the ingredients lists, but these are potential allergens naturally found in lavender EO.)

Top Bottom