What's new

Best jar salsa

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I live in rural New York and choices are limited. Pace is about the best we can do.
You can do much better. Let me show you. Took me 15 minutes to make…it’s simple and totally fabulous. Whole canned or fresh tomatoes, grilled onion, peppers, and garlic…Add cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste. I always add a chipotle pepper in there to give it a touch of smokiness. Blend everything up in your favorite blender. Add any type of pepper for your tolerance (grilled or broiled first).
E490DC6C-DC5A-4BBF-B0EF-0AA8A5BA62AF.jpeg
3C57A4B5-80B3-47F4-9815-8B8BCECE4A60.jpeg
8CB9654C-3A14-4FB9-B198-CA424A6DA7AB.jpeg
3EAD9927-3E2C-4380-A9A0-E7CBE3679B06.jpeg
t

Last edited:

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
You can do much better. Let me show you. Took me 15 minutes to make…it’s simple and totally fabulous. Whole canned or fresh tomatoes, grilled onion, peppers, and garlic…Add cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste. I always add a chipotle pepper in there to give it a touch of smokiness. Blend everything up in your favorite blender. Add any type of pepper for your tolerance (grilled or broiled first).View attachment 1307559View attachment 1307560View attachment 1307562View attachment 1307563t
I'm sure that comes out great! But if I'm not at work I'm intoxicated and/or medicated, NO COOK JUST EAT! LOL

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I love salsa. I wish Herdez salsa casera actually had some heat. I love its fresh taste. Their guacamole salsa is spicier! I just made a fresh peach salsa with peaches, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime, salt, and a bunch of Mt. Olive diced jalapeños. The diced jalapeños are so much easier than the sliced ones. It was really great on a ham steak. I have yet to find a jarred salsa that can hold a candle to what they serve at La Posada here in Austin. I don't mind continuing the search.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I love salsa. I wish Herdez salsa casera actually had some heat. I love its fresh taste. Their guacamole salsa is spicier! I just made a fresh peach salsa with peaches, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime, salt, and a bunch of Mt. Olive diced jalapeños. The diced jalapeños are so much easier than the sliced ones. It was really great on a ham steak. I have yet to find a jarred salsa that can hold a candle to what they serve at La Posada here in Austin. I don't mind continuing the search.
Austin? La Posada? Send me a PM.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
In a pinch, Pace Picante Hot has something (can’t place it) that reminds me of my great aunt Celie’s Hot Stuff. She (her sister had another recipe- they were in competition and took secrets to the grave) canned it up once a year, and it was always looked forward too.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Last evening I had my first cousin And her mother Stay at the house for a while until their flight out of Austin. That evening I made the salsa that you see above. The both of them couldn’t get enough of it. Made me happy. They were like, what did you do? I told them, “well a chef doesn’t always reveal all of his secrets.”

shavefan

I’m not a fan
You can do much better. Let me show you. Took me 15 minutes to make…it’s simple and totally fabulous. Whole canned or fresh tomatoes, grilled onion, peppers, and garlic…Add cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste. I always add a chipotle pepper in there to give it a touch of smokiness. Blend everything up in your favorite blender. Add any type of pepper for your tolerance (grilled or broiled first).View attachment 1307559View attachment 1307560View attachment 1307562View attachment 1307563t

This. Pay attention to this guy^

I haven't used store bought salsa in many years. When I met my wife she liked Pace, now she wont touch it. Salty tomato water IMO.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Don't tell me "Pace." ("NEW YORK CITY!"

That's what came to mind.

Honestly I don't remember the last time we bought salsa ... or what the brand was when we did.

I've spent my life outside the Taco Belt, putting beans and mushrooms in my chili ...

I might try this, thanks!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
🤔 Bought a jar of some generic mild... Mixed the ghost pepper half jar into it. Refilled both with mixture.

🤔 Now I have two 3/4 full jars that are too hot to eat. 😅

AA
I know exactly what you’re talking about. Don’t worry just use your hot hot salsa with a meal. Instead of just chips and salsa where you burn your face off. If you’re unhappy with it you can send it to me and I’ll give you my address.

Top Bottom