What's new

Best Injector razor for sensitive skin

Hey Gents, looking for some advice..
What is the best Injector razor for sensitive skin and barbwire beard?
I don´t mean what Injector is the mildest as mild razors tend to give me irritation...
Also, how many different blades are there, i mean blades that are readily available???
I seem to only can find one or maybe two kinds...

Thx in advance...

My opinion would be to pick up a vintage Schick Adjustable M series, then you can dial in the aggressiveness you desire. If you desire a new injector, you might try the Supply razor as it comes with a couple different plates. As for blades, you have Chinese Schick Injectors in yellow packaging, Personna also makes an injector blade although many have problems with the key and you have to wiggle it to inject a blade. Ted Pella makes injector blades but reviews are mixed. One blade that is super IMO is the Schick Twin II Injector, but is almost impossible to find here in the states, mostly available in Japan. Schick Injectors and Personna Injectors are probably the two best blades that can be found easily. There is also another blade by Schick which is a B-20, but you would need to have a an empty Schick Injector case and load the blades into it to inject into your razor.

You are correct, Ted Pella's are bulk purchase rebranding of Personnas, I stand corrected. I was just listing brands out there to purchase.
I'm fairly new to injectors, I was genuinely unsure. There really are only two modern blade option.

My opinion would be to pick up a vintage Schick Adjustable M series, then you can dial in the aggressiveness you desire. If you desire a new injector, you might try the Supply razor as it comes with a couple different plates. As for blades, you have Chinese Schick Injectors in yellow packaging, Personna also makes an injector blade although many have problems with the key and you have to wiggle it to inject a blade. Ted Pella makes injector blades but reviews are mixed. One blade that is super IMO is the Schick Twin II Injector, but is almost impossible to find here in the states, mostly available in Japan. Schick Injectors and Personna Injectors are probably the two best blades that can be found easily. There is also another blade by Schick which is a B-20, but you would need to have a an empty Schick Injector case and load the blades into it to inject into your razor.
I have been looking at a PAL INJECTO-MATIC and a Schick Type J1 - dont like like that whole different plates thing... i already have a Type G...

What do you think of PAL INJECTO-MATIC and a Schick Type J1 ??? Injector razors have skyrocket in price...

can only find them from the US and they are expensive :c13:
Maybe there should be a new thread started with where to find injector blades in your country? I get my Schicks from the largest internet retailer or the largest internet auction site here in the US. Your experience with finding regular Schick blades is like trying to find Schick Twin blades here in the US, seems all come from Japan and often shipping is multiple times the blade price. Injector razors are not that popular anymore except for those of us who like the vintage razors. Some companies have tried to raise interest in injectors, but they just don’t have the popularity of DE or cartridge shaving.

Maybe there should be a new thread started with where to find injector blades in your country? I get my Schicks from the largest internet retailer or the largest internet auction site here in the US. Your experience with finding regular Schick blades is like trying to find Schick Twin blades here in the US, seems all come from Japan and often shipping is multiple times the blade price. Injector razors are not that popular anymore except for those of us who like the vintage razors. Some companies have tried to raise interest in injectors, but they just don’t have the popularity of DE or cartridge shaving.
[/QUOTE
well they are not cheap anymore thats for sure - seems to me that prices only go up when they are popular...

One thing to factor in is the longevity of injector blades. Many note getting up to 30 shaves from one blade. I don’t disagree that injector blades are more expensive than DE blades, probably due to only two manufacturers and the low user demand more so than being popular.

One thing to factor in is the longevity of injector blades. Many note getting up to 30 shaves from one blade. I don’t disagree that injector blades are more expensive than DE blades, probably due to only two manufacturers and the low user demand more so than being popular.
yes but i meant the razors, they have skyrocket in price . no cheap ones around any more...

yes but i meant the razors, they have skyrocket in price . no cheap ones around any more...
On that you are correct! Some can still be bought for under $20, but others are unrealistic at times. Although, there are times on the largest auction site you can get a bargain, but it's rare. A member here on B&B just picked up two original Schick model O's for $19.95 each not too long ago. Was a find of the century. Same goes for DE razors too!

On that you are correct! Some can still be bought for under $20, but others are unrealistic at times. Although, there are times on the largest auction site you can get a bargain, but it's rare. A member here on B&B just picked up two original Schick model O's for $19.95 each not too long ago. Was a find of the century. Same goes for DE razors too!
yes its both insane and sad at the same time...

A member here on B&B just picked up two original Schick model O's for $19.95 each not too long ago. Was a find of the century. Same goes for DE razors too!

proxy.php

Top Bottom