What's new

Best Inexpensive Cream - IYHO

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I bought this on a whim...and actually love it. Its best brushless, but when I get the water right it gives me as great a shave as any, and I've tried a lot. I think it was $6.

View attachment 1313365

The vintage style packaging alone makes me desire to own it! Sir, would you kindly add a photo of the back side with the ingredients list, please? Also, is there a possibility to use it with a brush, too? Many thanks. :001_smile

This is the best shave cream that I've come across yet:

IMG_20210818_113118.jpg

Ps: even with Turmeric in the ingredients doesn't turn my brush Yellow

The vintage style packaging alone makes me desire to own it! Sir, would you kindly add a photo of the back side with the ingredients list, please? Also, is there a possibility to use it with a brush, too? Many thanks. :001_smile

Here is the ingredient list for Barbasol 1919:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyenthynol, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum). Paraben and Phthalate Free.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyenthynol, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum). Paraben and Phthalate Free.

At a quick glance it seems pretty good! Thank you, Matthew. :)

Pretty standard shaving cream recipe, except they have replaced some of the synthetic ingredients with more natural ones and taken out some of the nastier preservatives.

Kiss My Face Cream - is a great value great performing cream.

However - I have heard amazing things about the new proraso in a bag cream. But I haven't tried it.

I liked KMF a lot too and thought it was a great product for the $$.

But I haven't seen it on a store shelf locally in years.

I know you can find it on line. But then you got to have it shipped, Kind of takes away from it being such a good value.

Picked up a tube of Proraso Red and it seems to perform and smell well. Not sure if it's the best value cream out there? But I don't feel like I've overpaid for what it does either.

I think it will be a good value. Since I plan on using it all eventually. When that happens. I'll probably re order another tube.

I liked KMF a lot too and thought it was a great product for the $$.

But I haven't seen it on a store shelf locally in years.

I know you can find it on line. But then you got to have it shipped, Kind of takes away from it being such a good value.

Picked up a tube of Proraso Red and it seems to perform and smell well. Not sure if it's the best value cream out there? But I don't feel like I've overpaid for what it does either.

I think it will be a good value. Since I plan on using it all eventually. When that happens. I'll probably re order another tube.
I have the Proraso red soap. I love the scent. I haven't seen KMF recently, either. I only bought it once. I didn't like that it wouldn't pump out of the bottle once the level got low. I cut the bottle open and scooped out the rest. It was a fair amount.

I'm a Nivea fan and C.O. Bigelow can usually be "tested" at B&BW to see if you like the scent (I like neutrals -- green tea, euclyptus, etc.) but, as has probably been stated a few times in this thread, almost any cream out of a tube/tub will be superior to the aerosols.

And one other point -- dropping $30 on a new expensive tub that you don't particularly like IS a bummer but if you check out the BST, all sorts of tubs can be picked up "second hand" at deep discounts that will allow you to enjoy premium products at bargain prices.

Reactions: Anu
How many grams is that?

My folks are crazy about turmeric. I just sent them a 5 pound bag last week.
It is a 70 gram tube of which extract of Turmeric (Curcuma Longa, Linn. - Rhizome Powder) is 16% w/w. With 0.05% Sandalwood oil.

This is a vegan shaving cream and untested on animal.

Performance is good and actually better than Godrej creams.

If you can find it then definitely give it a try else let me know.
It is out of stock most of the time it's that much loved here.

Turmeric is a mainstay ingredient in Indian cuisine and neighboring country as well, it definitely brings color to food and adds other benefits as well.

It is a 70 gram tube of which extract of Turmeric (Curcuma Longa, Linn. - Rhizome Powder) is 16% w/w. With 0.05% Sandalwood oil.

This is a vegan shaving cream and untested on animal.

Performance is good and actually better than Godrej creams.

If you can find it then definitely give it a try else let me know.
It is out of stock most of the time it's that much loved here.

Turmeric is a mainstay ingredient in Indian cuisine and neighboring country as well, it definitely brings color to food and adds other benefits as well.

I just ordered a tube. I'll give it a try and then send it over to my father. I've never tried any Indian creams/soaps before, but I do have some Gillette Guards in the cabinet.

I just ordered a tube. I'll give it a try and then send it over to my father. I've never tried any Indian creams/soaps before, but I do have some Gillette Guards in the cabinet.
This is the best mass produced shave cream in India as far as I know.

You can try Vicco general use creams as well, good performance and useful for regular use.

These shave creams cost us about $1 and general use creams are $2 and $3 (with sandalwood oil).

As others have mentioned Speicks is easily my most favorite affordable cream. I've tried just about everything else under the sun for the last 40 years of shaving, and it just hits the right notes for me. Scent is pleasant. It's slick with enough cushion. It cleans easily and it leaves my face feeling soft and non greasy.

Top Bottom