What's new

Best Inexpensive Cream - IYHO

tried Nivea and WOW very impressed with first use !
I love their balms and pretty sure its going to be my main go to for balm
also the shower soap I use is turning out to be my fav !
so oddly becoming a nivea fan :)

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Now that I have had a few days of A-B testing with Spieck and La Toja...

They are both great creams. I prefer la toja because it feels like there is something on your skin more than Speick. Thicker, slicker, more protective.

lasta

Blade Biter
Don't forget polish WARS. I used to shave with this in college 15 years ago. Recently rediscovered and shot up to my top 3 (if not number 1). Slick, creamy, almost no bubbles, stringy/elastic consistency, and a sheen that put's Tabac to shame.

In fact, WARS, Tabac, and Palmolive are top of my list regardless of price. I'd pick any of them over MdC and SV.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Don't forget polish WARS. I used to shave with this in college 15 years ago. Recently rediscovered and shot up to my top 3 (if not number 1). Slick, creamy, almost no bubbles, stringy/elastic consistency, and a sheen that put's Tabac to shame.

In fact, WARS, Tabac, and Palmolive are top of my list regardless of price. I'd pick any of them over MdC and SV.
Where did you find it?

Slickest cream I've ever used ($9)

pro shave.jpg

Just some thoughts from me. I now use ‘budget’ creams most of the time. My favourites are:

1) Erasmic (wonderful - just wish tubes were bigger!)

2) Palmolive Classic or Sensitive (very close call - Classic just edges it for me)

3) Arko Sensitive (the white tube with the lavender scent)

These first three can all be bought in bulk online where I am (the UK) which results in really low prices.

4) Proraso Blue or White (this is the upper end of inexpensive for me and in some countries this might not be ‘budget’ priced!)

I love the proraso green. I bought a normal tube 3 years ago for ocasional use in the hot days and until last year it provided me that fresh eucalyptus felling.

this year it stopped providing me that freshness felling.

i saw a promotion recently with this 500ml tube but I got afraid that overtime it also looses its freshness feeling ability

is there a time limit to consume these products before they loose their characteristics?

I love the proraso green. I bought a normal tube 3 years ago for ocasional use in the hot days and until last year it provided me that fresh eucalyptus felling.

this year it stopped providing me that freshness felling.

i saw a promotion recently with this 500ml tube but I got afraid that overtime it also looses its freshness feeling ability

is there a time limit to consume these products before they loose their characteristics?
I haven't noticed yet. I keep the 500ml tube with a clip on the back so there is no air inside. Also the spout is rather narrow so I would doubt that something will go away. The tubs with the wide surface area and air contact are definitely more prone to loose their scent or texture due to oxidation.

For me it's hard to beat Nivea Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream at $4 a 100ml tube. It's as good as other creams I have and use that are far more expensive.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream. Realy good cream 200ml you only need almond size bit for a 3 pass shave and its good if you have sensitive skin. Its on amazon for £12.22 but you use so little it'll last for a good while.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
A place called The Men's Room has Speick and La Toja for just under $7 (plus $4 for shipping).

This is the vendor with the best prices I have ever seen. I love the men's room barber shop.
If for you price is not an issue than I would go:
La Toja (regular - not sensitive)
Palmolive rinfescante
Mogno
Tabac
On my next re supply I am going to order Palmolive rinfrescante.

La Toja has a heavier feel to it than Speick and my recollection is that Lavanda is even heavier than La Toja because of the amount of lanolin. I like all 3, but you may have a preference depending on what you like in your lather.
May have to try lavanda.

My favorite. May seem expensive at $19.00, but a little bit goes a long way. A bottle will last me close to a year shaving five times a week. Very subtle scent that won't clash with colognes.

proxy.php

I was able to get a sample!

Top Bottom