What's new

Best hangover food?

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Chilaquiles or migas (depends on the locale but I want the eggs in mine).

Last edited:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
When I was a kid I could hop outta bed and play through the worst hangover without a problem. Then sometime around age 30 that shifted considerably, and waking with a hangover felt like death. The hangover became so unpleasant it completely changed my relationship to alcohol. In the past 15-20 years I've even noticed that 2-3 drinks over a 2 hour period ends up with at least some sort of distress the next morning. As a result, I now go years without drinking at all, and really never have more than one. The idea of having one lonely little drink holds little appeal for me, as I want to drink to change the world, if you know what I mean. As a result, I usually would rather have none than only one, so I essentially no longer drink.

All to avoid a hangover. They're really that bad.

Your story is uncannily similar to my own. ^This, Is exactly my progression with drinking alcohol as well. And trust me I was a pro, drinking was a big part of my social life, for decades. And like you, when I was young, I could stay out drinking 'till the wee hours then wake up at the crack of dawn to go to work (and do my work). And like your story, it was around when I turned 30 I noticed that drinking started to hurt. A lot. It got to the point that even one or two drinks triggered hangover headaches. So I too essentially stopped drinking alcohol. I'm going on 5-6 years now with maybe a half dozen drinks in that time.

I do not miss the hangovers.

Last edited:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Good deer hunting land.
Way out there

Yep. People pay us stupid money to shoot those S. Texas deer. I killed so many as a kid/young man that I have no desire to kill them any more. 7 of them feeding out back here right this minute. The wife wouldn't let me shoot them even if I wanted to!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My friends unofficial frat house was about 1/2 miles from Denny’s when I was in my prime. I say unofficial because it wasn’t on campus but his roommates were both college football players and it was close enough to the campus that it would end up being the party house every weekend.

So we’d make it down to Denny’s a couple times per month about 3am-5am for an awesome Grand Slam breakfast.

Now days I still prefer some eggs for a hangover. Usually I’ll scramble up about 6 or 7, toss them on a taco with some taco sauce, a glass of OJ or Apple Juice. Then go back to my recliner for a few hours and wait for the protein and vitamin B to do their thing.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Yep. People pay us stupid money to shoot those S. Texas deer. I killed so many as a kid/young man that I have no desire to kill them any more. 7 of them feeding out back here right this minute. The wife wouldn't let me shoot them even if I wanted to!
About the only time I take a deer is if it’s injured or if it’s a cull. But I’ll tear them hogs up. Love that hog meat.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
About the only time I take a deer is if it’s injured or if it’s a cull. But I’ll tear them hogs up. Love that hog meat.

No shortage of hogs! We require the hunters to take at least one hog per deer they take. Hardly makes a dent in the population but it's 10-12 less of those boogers a year.

Top Bottom