What's new

Best hangover food?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I now just stop at one beer. I honestly can't get another one down anymore.

And I had 22 every night, with two for breakfast for a while there.

I thank God EVERYDAY I ain't what I once was. Amen.
BF0AA3A8-6053-41B7-BA4B-75787FD0A1D5.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Some sort of noodles or soup or curry is my go-to (and a noodle soup really does the trick!)

Corned beef hash and eggs also hit the spot, but that also can weigh me down, and that's not so great.

A Nuun tablet is quite lovely.

I love the idea of Korean tofu stew!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Let the word go forth from this time and place... while in many ways it is the perfect food, the Fluffernutter is not good hangover food.
Understood. I think the problem is a lack of a savory ingredient. That's why I'd recommend a "Fool's Gold Loaf" instead of a Fluffernutter. Alas, the Colorado Mine Company is no longer around but if your in the Denver area you can grab a solid resemblance at Nick's Cafe which also serves it with home fries.

Don't know what one is? A hollewed out loaf of French white bread filled with creamy peanut butter, grape jelly and bacon. That's a jar of each an a pound of bacon. Ah, Elvis... you were taken from us too soon.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
When I was a kid I could hop outta bed and play through the worst hangover without a problem. Then sometime around age 30 that shifted considerably, and waking with a hangover felt like death. The hangover became so unpleasant it completely changed my relationship to alcohol. In the past 15-20 years I've even noticed that 2-3 drinks over a 2 hour period ends up with at least some sort of distress the next morning. As a result, I now go years without drinking at all, and really never have more than one. The idea of having one lonely little drink holds little appeal for me, as I want to drink to change the world, if you know what I mean. As a result, I usually would rather have none than only one, so I essentially no longer drink.

All to avoid a hangover. They're really that bad.

Top Bottom